Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

[Time Vault 2013] GO BIG OR GO HOME

Old
[Time Vault 2013] GO BIG OR GO HOME - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I didn´t played that much for the last two years. Cashed out most of my roll and played only for fun from time to time. Now I want to get back into some serious action.

As I know it doesn´t make sense to cash in and burn the money on my old stakes my plan is to start with a small roll of only 300 bucks. During the process of grinding it up I´ll try to plug my biggest leaks and polish up my game to nower days standards.

This is a personal challenge and it has nothing to do with the "Time Vault" promotion, however I stumbled upon it right now and as I already had decided to blog about my challenge, I will take this chance and go with this promotion.

So my goals for 2013 are...

a) Plugging my biggest leaks
b) Grinding up my roll

I´ll try to reach those goals with a simple plan. To read more about this plan, the steps on the way to my goals, the strategy, the bankroll management and stuff please visit my blog.

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 07:28 PM..

Old
+135bb/1.5k -First Daily Report - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#2)
Click to show hidden text

Not the best day I´ve ever had but also not the worst. Played Zoom on PokerStars, 4 tables with new HEM2 HUD. It was a very swingy session. Played a couple of big pots. Unfortunately I lost two times with set versus over set and run one time with KK into AA in blind battle. Felt confident totday and was relaxed. Made two bad calls, one was expensive I have to admit.

At least in the end I got two nice pots, so I was in plus, otherwise I would have had to finish break even. So no bad feelings. :P

Will make my session review now. For now I´m looking to plug my biggest leaks first so I will have a look at the big pots first too.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#3)
good luck in the challenge DivorcedDuck,

Look forward to seeing the updates over the year.

Grade b

ps how do you do that hidden text thing?

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:54 PM
(#4)
thx

bbccode is spoiler to hide text
(spoiler) (/spoiler) use [] to make it working obv.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
Good luck with your challenge DivorcedDuck

Which level of Zoom were you playing? Do you plan to play only cash games or S&G's/MTT's too?

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:24 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7036 View Post
Good luck with your challenge DivorcedDuck

Which level of Zoom were you playing? Do you plan to play only cash games or S&G's/MTT's too?
thx

You can find more detailed information about my leaks, bankrollmanagement and stuff in my BLOG.

I mostly split my volume. Actually my shot limit is NL10 means I play around 25% on that limit. My base limit is NL5 and I play between 50%-75% on that limit depending on my game. My first goal is always to make the volume. If things run good I add more tables of my shot limit. If things run bad I stop the tables of my shot limit. If things go even worse I go a level down. So I play mostly a mixture of 2-3 levels.

At the moment I don´t have plans to play SnG´s or MTTs. Sometimes I play them just for fun or when I´m testing a new theme.

However it´s possible that I will switch to HU SnG´s or mixed games. Most of the games I played the last two years were $5-$10 HU SnG´s. But this depends on how thing run this year. Right now plan is playing NLHE ring games and Zoom/Rush FR/6-max

hmmm... should add that to the blog section too.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Nice one DivorcedDuck, have fun

Last edited by powerdegre; Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 05:31 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#8)
Thanks for the reply I can't see your blog yet, I guess it's still awaiting approval. Nice plan anyway & well done on getting out of the first session in profit - looks like lots of ups & downs with big pots.

Old
+365,6bb/1.5k Hands - Feel Good - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Note

This post is pending approval.
jep, blog is in moderation queue.

You know those sessions with lots of swings, bad beats, setups and other bullshit? - Nope, todays sessions was like a breeze. Easy going. Felt good! Played a few Hands on FTP. Traffic is almost down to zero...

Tables break down a lot. Highest level with traffic on fullring Rush was NL5 this noon! WTF!? - At least next week is Rush Week so I hope to get a chance on clearing those damn tickets I got. Playing only a few hands just to keep those tickets alive is frustrating. Some extra cash for the roll would be nice too. Need to have a look into my database for getting some numbers about points to set a target value for Rush Week.

I don´t get the peepz about FTP! - Games are that soft compared to the nit festival on Stars and it´s the same company now!

When talking about database I come to todays work. I spent an hour improving the website (www.hellraisers.eu) and the final structure is fix now. Menu structure is also fix now and I added a banner position. Hope to get most of this stuff live within next week.

Review of yesterdays session wasn´t surprising. I found two misplayed hands, the ones I already mentioned yesterday. It wasn´t close or tough so no need to discuss them in detail.

Todays session went that smooth that a session review would be a waste of time, so I decided to skip that for a strategy video. Video is about the usage of HEM2, as I`m still behind in the usage of filters and stuff. Will post a short summary about the video content tomorrow.

Thanks to Stars support for granting me another image change. Switched to the $10 chippie now. Hope to request the next image change soon.

Good luck at the felts!

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#11)
Thx Raiser

Old
-82,1bb/1.6k Hands Rollercostaments - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:01 PM
(#12)
Just a short update today. I´m getting ill it seems and I feel bad. However, still played my session. 1.6k hands. I ran two times in AA with KK and QQ, splittet one with AK vs AQ (I flopped nuts straight XD) and some more of the usual suspects. In other words it was entertaining. Good thing was all those things happened on my base level. On shot level I ran like god.8) So bb wise I was in minus, monetary I had a nice profit at the end of the day.

Will update this later with the graph and add some hands too.

Good luck at the felts!

edit: almost forgot to mention... I have worked on my carbon theme for Stars and it´s almost done now.8)

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:45 PM
(#13)
Had a terrible day. Felt ill, had trouble with family, work was bad... so no poker today. - MEEEEEEEH! Big Fail. That´s exactly why I have made this blog. No excuses, no put off. Setting a goal, making a plan and stick to it. Discipline is key even when it´s tough. That´s the challenging part of it. Well I have to play 1.5k so cya later peepz!

Old
+163,5bb/1.5k Hands Challenging - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 09:35 PM
(#14)
First off I stll have to deliver yesterdays graph...

So now todays graph...

Like my whole day so was poker. I did my best. i was good, got a beat in the end. XD

Villain was a 31/16/8 overaggro fishi... we have some history and he tried to bluff me a lot.

Player2 posts small blind [$0.01 USD].
Player3 posts big blind [$0.02 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ ]
Player4 folds
Player5 folds
Player6 folds
Player7 folds
Player8 folds
Player9 raises [$0.06 USD]
Hero raises [$0.18 USD]
Standard move vs. fishi. Give him the possibility to get in some money.
Player2 folds
Player3 folds
Player9 calls [$0.12 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
Nice flop, TPTK and backdoor
Player9 checks
lol
Hero bets [$0.28 USD]
3/4 pot standard
Player9 raises [$0.56 USD]
minC/R lol. Did I mention he tries to bluff a lot?
Hero calls [$0.28 USD]
Call the fish to give him the possibilty to bet his bluff on turn.
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
Hand improved
Player9 bets [$1.04 USD]

Hero raises [$1.39 USD]
Push/Fold no other choice. Decided to push cause a) I have a reasonable strong hand vs. fish b) he is bluffy as hell c) I still have some good outs in case he has two (QJo) pair.
Player9 calls [$0.35 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ ]
Player9 shows [, ]
Hero shows [, ]
Player9 wins $4.14 USD from main pot

ouch...

Good thing is it was my down level only. As said I felt ill today so I decided to play 2 tables Nl2 and 2 tables NL5 only. So no big loss. However, got a few hands like this today and ran one time with KK into AA (as usual). So things could´ve been a lot better.

So far my cruishing approach works out fine, winrate is good, redline is even or slightly up. Poker makes fun. Ok, micros only and those stakes are really easy going, but nevertheless it made some fun so far.

There were some other interesting hands too. Especially two preflop decisions in multiway spots I have to think through aganin. Will do this within my session review tomorrow and try to post some more.

edit: ARRRRRRRRRR, I forgot about the damn rush week! ok, some more hands... XD

Good luck at the felts

GO BIG OR GO HOME - Daily Updates
GO BIG OR GO HOME - Blog

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old
+66,2bb/1.5k Hands - Normal deal - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#15)

One of the most uninterresting sessions you can imagine. Got a few beats, won a few hands, felt good and thing worked out mostly like expected. Yes, the graph shows only 1.4k hands. played some additional hands on FTP which aren´t graphed. Dunno why why. Those hands ended in plus with another 60bb.

Tuesday I took my day off for the week. So if I want another free day this week I have to add some more hands.

So far things worked great. Will do the first monthly report tomorrow. Have started to write a very interesting blog I hope, which will be published as a series within the very next days.

GO BIG OR GO HOME - Blog

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old
27,5bb/1.7k Hands - End of month - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#16)

Meh, I didn´t liked that session. Lost almost every hand in the beginng, worked my way back and lost again. So I was chasing losses almost the whole session. However, I´m not the one for looking at the result during play and fortunately I´m not going on tilt that easy anymore, so it was a usual grind out in the end.

My latest blog was featured on PSO. Made me smile to see that, even it puts me under pressure to finish it that good. Huge expectations obvious incoming. Being serious, it feels good to have some positive feedback from time to time. THANK YOU!

I´m not sure at the moment if I will do an additional session today. I feel good and it made fun today, beside the result obvious. However, it´s the last day of the month and I have to make the first monthly report. Guess I will do this first and if I still feel like playing I will add another session and count it for next month.

GO BIG OR GO HOME - Blog

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#17)
just a short update. have completed my volume for this week already. 9.1k hands. +558,2bb = 6,1bb/100. not that bad but could have been better. traffic on ftp is still bad. rush week brought no improvement so i think i´m done with ftp at the moment. will add the points i need for the rush promo money tomorrow and that´s it. after that i will post some graphs and will do some deeper analysis of my game.

Good luck at the felt!

Old
+296,2bb/3.7k Hands Nightshift - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#18)

Have to post my yesterdays work. Played 3.7k hands in total. Played on Stars and FTP. Started with drawdown and had to made my way back. Was relaxed and felt good. Poker makes fun actually.

Old
769,8bb/9,4k Hands - Weekly Report - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 06:46 PM
(#19)

played 9.4k hands this week. made close to 8 stacks which equals to a winrate of 8,13bb/100. sounds good but i think it could be better. was running under ev the whole week. also i think i can exploit better, especially in isolating and stealing. have to do some data analysis next week.

Old
+20,5bb/1.5k Hands - Drawback - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#20)

Hmmmmm, I have to do some reviewing later. There were some hands I have to think through again. I felt good, unfortunately in the end I got a few hands I had to lay down or I got a beat. Will see exactly what happened in the analysis.

Things are working good so far on the challenge. I feel confident and ready for poker. Missed my coaching today. Will try if I can get a video of it later or I will look another one of the HEM2 video series.

Good luck at the felts!

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Tue Feb 05, 2013 at 04:53 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com