Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

[Time Vault 2013] GO BIG OR GO HOME

Old
[Time Vault 2013] GO BIG OR GO HOME - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I will raise you hell... Well at least I will try to. So what is this Hellraiser blog nonsense and why the hell do I believe there is a need for another poker blog!? - The answer is easy. It´s not for you. If you gain some benefits out of it you´re welcome but basically it is made by me for myself.

I created this blog as a kind of workbench for me. To explain this a bit more in depth I have to tell you about me first...

I´m 36 years old and one of my favorite hobbies is playing poker. I play poker for about 13 years now and I played online limnits up to NL400 already. After black friday hit the poker community and most of my roll was tied up I rebuilt some of it but not all and after FTP relaunched I cashed out almost all of my money spending it for christmas. As I didn´t played a lot of hands last year I don´t have that much practice right now and only a small roll of about $300 USD. Nevertheless I have huge dreams, as all poker players do have, and I think I´m still good enough for the bigger bussiness. However, money is rare this times so I stick to my actual roll and refuse to cash in some extra cash. So the roll for NL400 and above has to come from the green felts, that´s the place where real truth lies and in my case where I plan to raise you hell!

Read more: Raising Hell (DivorcedDuck) – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2J7GP8iMT

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 03:32 PM
(#2)
I added a new blog entry about some basic thoughts I recently had. Hope you like it. It´ll be a little bit long to read at once and I have to admit I´m not done with it all the way so it ´ll be kind of a series.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=40278

Good luck at the felts!

GO BIG OR GO HOME - Daily Updates
GO BIG OR GO HOME - Blog

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivorcedDuck View Post
Good post.

Old
1218,1bb/11.3k Hands - January Report - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#4)

Ok, January is in the books. It was a very good month. Started my blog project for the last week of January and since then I played 11.3k Hands. First gola is reached as the plan was to play >10.5k hands., equals to 9k hands a week. Also had a very nice profit during that period, reaching a winrate of 11.8bb/100.

I have started a series of blogs, which is almost done. First part is already published and it´s even featured actually on PSO. I have seen 3 videos during that period and read one strategy article. Also I was visiting a public coaching of HoRRoR. So educational goals have been reached too.

So talking about my leaks now!

I Balancing & Overthinking

I tried to play very straight forward poker and mostly I stick to it. Was still surprised a lot of times but reduced overall the payout to fish moves.

II Laziness

Ok, you know what I´ve done in the first week. It´s simply a to small preriod of time for a judgement here.

III More plannnig

Same as laziness.

IV No C/C

Worked out very well so far. I´m happy with the result as well as my performance. I was sticking to this very consequent so far.

V Curiosity

May be the toughest one. Have made still a few bad calls, but by far less than before. As longer as I work on this it seems to become easier. Still a big point to my session reviews.

VI No fancy plays

Same as C/C

VII Usage of a HUD

Used HEM2 for all sessions. I watched two videos about the usage of HEM2 and built a new HUD to my preferences based on the stuff I learned out of the videos. So I think I already improved on that one too, which was mostlikely the one which took the most time, but I feel it´s so well worth it.

So what about some more detailed goals for next month?

First of all I plan to further improve on plugging my leaks. One ggod week is a nice start but no more. Discipline is key and that will show only on the longrun.

Also I ´ll stick to the amount of hands. So goal for next month is >36k hands. Given by that amount of hands it should work out to move up in stakes but I´m not the one for monetary goals as I know about the power of variance, so plan is to stick to the BRM.

My goals for February
[ ] >36k hands in February
[ ] >9k hands a week
[ ] >1.5k hands a day
[ ] Daily session review
[ ] Posting daily updates on my blog
[ ] 5h of theory each week including 2h of coaching
[ ] Plug the identified leaks

Thanks for reading and good look at the felts!

Old
Additional task for this month - Fri Feb 08, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#5)
I decided to add the task of a daily mental journal to my goals for this month to identify reasons for tilt.

My goals for February
[ ] >36k hands in February
[ ] >9k hands a week
[ ] >1.5k hands a day
[ ] Daily session review
[ ] Posting daily updates on my blog
[ ] 5h of theory each week including 2h of coaching
[ ] Plug the identified leaks
[ ] Daily mental journal

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#6)
I added a new blog entry about the tracking software and allin ev graphs.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=41095

Good luck at the felts

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#7)
I added a new blog entry about plugging leaks in your game. The first blog entry is about the mental game. I think it´s a very interesting thing to know about and it really has a huge impact on our game and some huge potential to improve.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=41500

I recently made some minor changes to my weekly goals. My volume goal for a week is now >10k hands. In addition I made some changes to the structure of my daily report thread. Go check it out and leave me some comments.

Good luck at the felts!

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 07:08 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:38 AM
(#8)
I added a new blog entry. My story for WBCOOP...

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=42113

Old
Monthly Report - February 2013 - Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#9)
February 2013
Played Hands: 38,503
Average Hands/Week: 11,001
Average Hands/Day: 1540
Session Reviews: 27
Daily Updates: 26
Blog Updates: 6
Theory(h): 22
Coaching(h): 11
Freeroll Pot: $15/$50

My goals for February
[X] >36k hands in February
[X] >10k hands a week
[X] >1.5k hands a day
[X] Daily session review
[X] Posting daily updates on my blog
[X] 5h of theory each week including 2h of coaching
[-] Plug the identified leaks
[X] Daily mental journal

I fixed almost all leaks which I took as a goal, but the mental leaks turned out to be way bigger than I expected so I conder the point of leak fixing as failed.

Month was 4.5 stacks down, which is a direct result of my mental leaks. When I raised the volume the impact of my mental leaks became way bigger than I ever expected. I´m a fish to the mental part of the game! At this point I have to be honest to myself and I have to work hard on that topic to fix it one day. As long as I´m not capable of fixing those mental leaks I will never reach the midstakes other than becoming a bumhunter.

Goals for March 2013
[-] >40k hands
[-] >10k hands a week
[-] >1.5k hands a day
[-] Daily session review
[-] Posting daily updates on my blog
[-] 5h of theory each week including 2h of coaching
[-] Plug the identified leaks
[-] Daily mental journal
[-] Clear $250/$500 bonus

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com