Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

The Univese

Old
The Universe - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Now I have ran out off poker theories and reached my conclusions, I thought I would come into off poker topics and fry your brains with some of the strangest thoughts on the Universe you will ever hear.

Imagine deep caverns in the earths layers.

Imagine the adjacent space to be a compressed atmosphere, a timeless uninterrupted cavern with particles floating around.

On these particles are micro organisms that just stare out into the timeless space that they perceive to be infinite.

Now imagine the Earth as this particle floating around, secured in a vacuum, with all the organisms staring into space.

Do we just see the walls to the cave......

Last edited by holdemace486; Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
yes we see them microseconds before we crash into them.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
yes we see them microseconds before we crash into them.
WE would only crash if we could travel as far.....

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Now I have ran out off poker theories and reached my conclusions, I thought I would come into off poker topics and fry your brains with some of the strangest thoughts on the Universe you will ever hear.

Imagine deep caverns in the earths layers.

Imagine the adjacent space to be a compressed atmosphere, a timeless uninterrupted cavern with particles floating around.

On these particles are micro organisms that just stare out into the timeless space that they perceive to be infinite.

Now imagine the Earth as this particle floating around, secured in a vacuum, with all the organisms staring into space.

Do we just see the walls to the cave......
To consider this scenario we need to have a common definition of micro organisms. Does this satisfy you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microorganism

Next, what is the composition of the "compressed atmosphere"? Since these particles are "floating around, secured in a vacuum", where does this atmosphere reside? The particles require gravity to retain an atmosphere in a vacuum.

Which brings up my final question. How is Earth floating around in a vacuum inside itself?

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#5)
Maybe a micro organism is a bad example,

The vacuum is created by been airless like in space.

And not the earth inside itself, more like a hollow mountain inside a mountain with a vacuum of space in between.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
I'm an Atheist and an Astro Nut but yet Science doesn't come up with a decent enough answer.

I quite like Fred Hoyle's Steady State theory but then you still have to ask what was before the Steady State. There are no easy answers.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#7)
Thank you oval I will look that theory up as do not know it.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 08:06 PM
(#8)
I'll give you all a clue...

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#9)
Below is the meaning of the steady state theory quoted.

Steady State Theory:
The steady-state theory is a view that the universe is always expanding but maintaining a constant average density, matter being continuously created to form new stars and galaxies at the same rate that old ones become unobservable as a consequence of their increasing distance and velocity of recession. A steady-state universe has no beginning or end in time; and from any point within it the view on the grand scale--i.e., the average density and arrangement of galaxies--is the same. Galaxies of all possible ages are intermingled.

The theory was first put forward by Sir James Jeans in about 1920 and again in revised form in 1948 by Hermann Bondi and Thomas Gold. It was further developed by Sir Fred Hoyle to deal with problems that had arisen in connection with the alternative big-bang hypothesis. Observations since the 1950s have produced much evidence contradictory to the steady-state picture and supportive of the big-bang model

Below is the meaning of what a universe is...

All existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

And I presume we all know the big bang theory about the exploding star or sun or whatever it was.

OK, it is excepted that the big bang created the universe,
this however would not make the slightest bit of logical sense.

The universe would have to exist to have a big bang theory to start with.
So they are saying just one star,sun, was sitting there on its own, nothing surrounding it meaning space,
Logic and imagination tells you thats impossible. Something more had to exist before the big bang theory.

The Big Bang produced planets, stars, meteorites,nebulas.

These gases and planets maybe then stuck in a vacuum of zero gravity space.

And as to the steady state theory, the universe does not grow, yes planets are formed by dust and particles in time, but this as no difference than dust in a box.

Once people thought the world was flat, and to their surprise they did not fall off.

Like I said just maybe we are the ants, in a timeless vacuum

a bubble in a box just waiting one day for a rock to fall causing a rift in space revealing air and light like we have never seen.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 12:49 PM
(#10)
ace,

You misunderstand big bang cosmology. Before the big bang this universe did not exist, which means time, space, energy and matter did not exist. The beginning of our universe was a "singularity", in which all space, time, energy and matter were condensed to a single point of infinite density and temperature.

There was no exploding sun. The big bang was not an explosion as an explosion takes place in space, although that is the nearest common example of what happened. When the singularity was created it instantly began to expand creating space as it went. As the expansion continued the universe cooled and matter "condensed" from the energy of the singularity.

There is no one "big bang theory". Instead their is a collection of models that explain most of the features of the and how they came to their current state. As experiments confirm or deny features the models are adjusted if necessary to explain the latest findings. Some models are made obsolete by these new findings and sometimes newer models are created to better explain the latest information.

Above is how the scientific method works. State the problem, develop hypothesis, test, refine, test, refine and so on as needed.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
ace,

You misunderstand big bang cosmology. Before the big bang this universe did not exist, which means time, space, energy and matter did not exist. The beginning of our universe was a "singularity", in which all space, time, energy and matter were condensed to a single point of infinite density and temperature.

There was no exploding sun. The big bang was not an explosion as an explosion takes place in space, although that is the nearest common example of what happened. When the singularity was created it instantly began to expand creating space as it went. As the expansion continued the universe cooled and matter "condensed" from the energy of the singularity.

There is no one "big bang theory". Instead their is a collection of models that explain most of the features of the and how they came to their current state. As experiments confirm or deny features the models are adjusted if necessary to explain the latest findings. Some models are made obsolete by these new findings and sometimes newer models are created to better explain the latest information.

Above is how the scientific method works. State the problem, develop hypothesis, test, refine, test, refine and so on as needed.
Hey Joe maybe a slight misunderstanding but I do understand the concept of the big bang theory,
But the point been expanding into what, every single molucule , atom, particles, as to have a surrounding , I thought a bit more of world in side a world and yes thats basically what i am getting at.

For some thing to expand, there as to be something for it to expand to. E.g an over flowing bucket of water will expand out into the surrounding area.

IT could be possible in hypophesis, that our existence is no more than plancton in some machine or weapon or my main thinking some sort of generator as we have planet alignments.

The simple thinking behind this is to actually think outside the box.
View this as a box, with the earth enclosed.

We could be a broken waste product, the big bang was a malfuntion,and we sit on a scrap heap.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
But the point been expanding into what, every single molucule , atom, particles, as to have a surrounding , I thought a bit more of world in side a world and yes thats basically what i am getting at.
This holdem, depends on whether or not you suscribe to the opinion that our universe is infinite. If our universe is truely infinite then there is no boundary. What is actually happening when the universe expands, is that new space time is being created. It doesn't expand into anything as there is no boudary for it to expand past.

However if you do not believe that the Universe is infinte then our Universe would have to have a boundary. Currently the furthest detectable photons have been travelling since 500 millions years after the Universe sprung into action. Anything further away than this is undetecatable and doesn't really concern us as it will likely never be detectable. In truth we will probably never know if the Universe has a boundary.

Personally I subscribe to the infinite Universe theory as do I general relativity. It makes sense and stuff that makes sense works.

Also sounds like your second question is about our world not being real, or not what we think... Have you ever seen the Matrix?

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#13)
One of the problems with language is that words meant to be used in a technical sense take on a different meaning in general use. In science a theory is an explanation for a set of confirmed observations. In general use a theory is any proposed explanation or idea about how something works, came to be, etc.

The suppositions you put forth cannot be called theories in the original sense of the word.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#14)
True Joe, maybe it could be called a Hypophesis.

And yes Croyd they may be some sense to the infinite Universe, and as we speak the Universe is expanding.

I have seen the Film the Matrix, but a virtual existence as such could not agree with.

As you may know science perceives our Universe to be sphere like shaped.

Expanding out into void space, as we can only see so far.
I have explained tonight on a science forum with some great minds,

That this can not be said as fact, as been an orbital planet around the sun, along with our satellites, the view distance we can see, would be only seen as sphere. And no matter how power full the telescope, the perspective would always seem to be sphere.

SO considering our Universe to be sphere shaped is meaning less fact.

Theres a lot more I will add, Im just considering that maybe the Original BIg bang , super nova, may have been anti matter,
that was put in a box for protection. And just maybe that outside this box is another sun and universe, and gravitational pull is what is continuing to expand the universe out off our visual cortex.

YEs lol I am enjoying myself.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#15)
Thinking about the Matrix, the universe could be nothing more than a exploaded powercell

Old
New Hypophesis. - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
(#16)
Hey guys check out the new hypophesis guys, this i am currently discussing with some scientists.Learning loads of new stuff and this is a hypophesis to an unsolved problem nasa and co are having lol.
lmao

OK, I will tell you my Hypophesis now in full, and then you guys can do your thinking.

Why is the Universe expanding and at a quicker rate?

Hypophesis.

Our sun's core, is slowly losing its volume, creating space, or even growing as it erodes its surroundings. Similar to volcanic action.

This is lessening the gravitational pull

This is also happening to our planet

The planets orbiting around the sun, are admitting anti-gravity waves, expanding the Universe.

And as the gravity of the sun lessens

The orbital speed of the earth and planet stays the same,

But the gravity is less but the anti-gravity stays at the same rate as the speed does not slow.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
(#17)
I cannot believe that you are an Englishman.

Your written language is atrocious.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:41 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I cannot believe that you are an Englishman.

Your written language is atrocious.
Not all Englishmen have the written word quite under their full control Bill!!

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:51 PM
(#19)
This isn't just 'not under control' it is way out of control.

He seems to have not the vaguest idea of what his spell checker is for, nor the most rudimentary concept of sentence construction.

It is quite obvious that this is not a case of Dyslexia, more a lack of understanding of his native tongue.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Hey guys check out the new hypophesis guys, this i am currently discussing with some scientists.Learning loads of new stuff and this is a hypophesis to an unsolved problem nasa and co are having lol.
lmao
I only have one question holdem. What were you and these scientists smoking while this hypothesis was under development?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com