Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder Promotion - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hello guys!

Just signed up to PSO and am wondering if I qualify?

Ready to absorb your advice

Last edited by AAAdiAAA; Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 03:40 AM..

Old
Thumbs down
Bankroll builder - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#2)
Guys, why am i not answered to the thread?

Am I not eligible for this promo?

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAdiAAA View Post
Guys, why am i not answered to the thread?

Am I not eligible for this promo?
Please be patient, you will get at least one reply every 24 hours.

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
What's next - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#4)
I attended the getting started live training.

What do i do next?

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I attended the getting started live training.

What do i do next?
Hi AAAdiAAA,

We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Just a note though that it was only the 'Getting Started' session that you needed to attend, you will have to attend the other sessions later in the promotion.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
usefull info - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#6)
before attending the getting started live training i also read and took the first chapter quiz. the info in the live training session is usefull, it reminded me a few basic things about poker. i subscribed for other live training session but even if i will watch them now, i will attend them again when i,ll be told to.

i'll get back to you with feedback from the play money tables.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i'll get back to you with feedback from the play money tables.
Hi AAAdiAAA,

Super stuff and yes, this is the next step.

When you come across an interesting Play Money hand post it here using the hand replayer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Play money tables feedback - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#8)
Hi there!

If poker is less luck, and more skill, I don't think that aplies for play money cash games

Here are some hands that I wanted you to analyze:

1.3c2c in early position. even though I won that hand I did it only on intuition but I don't think I would have had the same courage in real money play.

2. everybody calls a raise preflop. I just knew he couldn't have the Ten. But K9 never !!!

3. Would anyone have done the same thing I did in this case? Is there anyway that I could have won this pot. What raise should I have made to throw away the player with Qd9d?

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi there!

If poker is less luck, and more skill, I don't think that aplies for play money cash games

Here are some hands that I wanted you to analyze:

1.3c2c in early position. even though I won that hand I did it only on intuition but I don't think I would have had the same courage in real money play.

2. everybody calls a raise preflop. I just knew he couldn't have the Ten. But K9 never !!!

3. Would anyone have done the same thing I did in this case? Is there anyway that I could have won this pot. What raise should I have made to throw away the player with Qd9d?

Hi AAAdiAAA

It looks like you are enjoying play money tables

Let's take a closer look.

First hand 23s: You want to fold this hand every time from early postion. It just doesn't win often enough to be profitable. Small suited connectors can be played in the right situation though as a prosective hand.

Prospective hands include smallish pairs, suited connectors and Axs. With these hands we want to see a flop as cheaply as possible and hope to flop a set or strong draw. They do not hit often, so you usually just fold on the flop, but when they do hit, you have a good chance at winning a large pot.

With prospective hands we want several players in the pot already AND we want to be in late position to reduce the chance that someone still left to act forces us to fold by raising.

Nice result here, but I strongly advise against taking this line at real money tables.

Second hand A6s: I would have folded this one too A6s falls into the prospective hand catagory. Your 6 kicker is so low, you run the risk of meeting another A with a better kicker. Many players lose big pots by overplaying the second best hand. Furthermore, you can't make a straight with A6 as you could with A10 and higher or A5 and lower. As played, postflop you played nice and aggressive.

Again, nice result, but be careful overplaying middle and bottom pair hands at the real money tables.

Third hand JJ: Great fold! Being able to let strong, but not premium pairs go is an important lesson. JJ is a very strong starting hand, but it is hard to play post flop. There are too many Qs, Ks, and As that can come on the flop making for tough choices.

Furthermore, big pairs play best against a single opponent. In this hand it was clear that several players intended to go to the showdown. Folding is the best line. This is not a good spot to risk your whole stack. Nice one!

Play money tables can be pretty wild at times. Just try to stick to playing smart poker. This will pay off once you get started with real money. At 2NL (real money) you don't need to bluff really. Just play your good hands and be patient. When you flop a strong hand (a set or better) bet and raise every chance you get and take your opponents to value town.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Question
What"s next? - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#10)
Thank you very much for all that. Very usefull information and i"m sure that if I"ll have it in my head at the tables things will turn out great.

So what's next according to the bankroll buider promo?

Old
Question
Question - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#11)
As you can see, while I get busy with the bankroll builder promo, I also play the PSO league freerolls and the bankrollmob freeroll. More than one time I was just about to finish in the paid places.

My question is: does a win, in these tournaments or any other tournament in real money, affect in any way my bankroll builder promotion? If I win any amount in a tournament does that mean I no longer qualify for the bankroll builder promo?

Thanks.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
As you can see, while I get busy with the bankroll builder promo, I also play the PSO league freerolls and the bankrollmob freeroll. More than one time I was just about to finish in the paid places.

My question is: does a win, in these tournaments or any other tournament in real money, affect in any way my bankroll builder promotion? If I win any amount in a tournament does that mean I no longer qualify for the bankroll builder promo?

Thanks.
Hi,

You can play any freerolls you want but here's the two most important things to remember.

1) Only use Bankroll Builder buy-ins to play cash game tables.

2) Only post cash game hands in this thread for review and please only post one hand for review at a time.

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Completed - Fri Feb 01, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#13)
Poker basics course completed.

And since I"ll be playing cash game I also started and I intend to finish the Cash game course before hitting the tables. I hope that's alright.

Last edited by AAAdiAAA; Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 08:19 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Poker basics course completed.

And since I"ll be playing cash game I also started and I intend to finish the Cash game course before hitting the tables. I hope that's alright.
Hi AAAdiAAA,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs down
There Goes My buy in - Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#15)

I learned a new thing. I need to shut up the vilains at the table even thow I don't know what are they saying. I played one hand poorly and it led to this. I was ***** off for loosing a previous hand that I will post later on.

This is the hand that killed me not because I didn't know what to do but because I got *****. there's no way I would have called that raise in a sunny blue day.

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 07:50 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi there,

One of the hand analysers will take a look at this for you within the next 24 hours and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 12:29 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:

I learned a new thing. I need to shut up the vilains at the table even thow I don't know what are they saying. I played one hand poorly and it led to this. I was ***** off for loosing a previous hand that I will post later on.

This is the hand that killed me not because I didn't know what to do but because I got *****. there's no way I would have called that raise in a sunny blue day.
Hi AAA,

Yep, I think you pretty much summed it up on this one. I don't mind raising to isolate the single limper, even with a shorter stack it's fine. But when the SB shoves this becomes an easy fold, made even easier by the limp-reraise shove by other guy.

Emotional control is a huge part of being a successful poker player. You simply can't let your emotions over run you at the tables or it will cost you over and over again. Don't feel bad, this is something that ALL players struggle with... even the top pros who no longer have this issue, had to reconcile it at some point in their careers. We're all human after all.

A couple literary references that helped me, google books "Zen and the Art of Poker", and "The Poker Mindset". There are other good learning materials for this as well but these are the 2 that got me moving on the right path.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Lightbulb
very usefull stuff - Sat Feb 02, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#18)
thank allot TheLangolier for these 2 books. I'll make sure to read them as soon as posible.

Looking forward to move on with the bankroll builder promo.

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thank allot TheLangolier for these 2 books. I'll make sure to read them as soon as posible.

Looking forward to move on with the bankroll builder promo.
Hi AAAdiAAA,

Next Step

The next step for you is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. The next one is on this Wednesday and you can find it here:

Be sure to ask the trainer plenty of questions while you are there.

Let me know as soon as you have attended.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Red face
next - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:45 PM
(#20)
I just finished attending the bet sizing tutorial.

where do we go from here?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com