Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

jam? fold? flat? or 4bet?

Old
jam? fold? flat? or 4bet? - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
1st hand i think but have and idea of how loose i can get called. So which?

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
What type of tourney is this? If it's a PSO league game, I just call the 120 and FOLD to the shove(s). You lose a ton of points by exiting on the first hand. While you often have the best hand against 1st hand "bingo players", losing is too costly in terms of league points. I've even folded KK in this situation. Generally speaking, I'm only stacking off pre-flop with AA during the first orbit.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
I like the 4-bet although personally would have made it slightly larger. Once you get all that action behind in a normal game it's a fold but against this calibre of player get it in. While your hand equity goes down against multiple opponents the reward of winning the hand goes way up so your expected value is still good.

Well played, if they wish to play like that I hope I get them at my table sometime.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Dive,

I guess in a skill league game if you're in contention for a top monthly ranking spot, this is a flat and fold to the all ins this early. In any normal tournament with a buy in under $50 online or in a field with lots of Satty qualifiers, I would 3b/ get it in to this action. While we may be up against KK/AA some of the time, we are also going to be up against smaller pairs and overcard hands that interfere with each other too (have some of each others outs) and be in great shape for a quadruple up on level 1.

As was, V3, V4, and V5 all made terrible preflop decisions with their holdings, very weak players so I'm guessing this was an open league or some other freeroll, or a micro buy in.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#5)
TY all

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:46 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
What type of tourney is this? If it's a PSO league game, I just call the 120 and FOLD to the shove(s). You lose a ton of points by exiting on the first hand. While you often have the best hand against 1st hand "bingo players", losing is too costly in terms of league points. I've even folded KK in this situation. Generally speaking, I'm only stacking off pre-flop with AA during the first orbit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Dive,

I guess in a skill league game if you're in contention for a top monthly ranking spot, this is a flat and fold to the all ins this early. In any normal tournament with a buy in under $50 online or in a field with lots of Satty qualifiers, I would 3b/ get it in to this action. While we may be up against KK/AA some of the time, we are also going to be up against smaller pairs and overcard hands that interfere with each other too (have some of each others outs) and be in great shape for a quadruple up on level 1.

As was, V3, V4, and V5 all made terrible preflop decisions with their holdings, very weak players so I'm guessing this was an open league or some other freeroll, or a micro buy in.

Looks like a $1 or less 45 or 90 man to me,maybe a similar buy-in freeze-out MTT. Used to see opening orbit hands like this in the mini-micro 45 and 90 man's all the time. And I'm shipping the QQ there every time and twice on Sunday it that's the case. You'll have so many players call with worse and some of them will be sharing cards,which reduces their outs. If it is one of those games then I say it's well played by you,you'll get railed quite a bit doing this but the times you do hit the payoff is so great that the juice is worth the squeeze.

League game it's a fold. Doubt that's the case though as we're missing the inevitable double rag hand(s)that we would see in any freeroll.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com