Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

time vault challenge

Old
time vault challenge - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
hi I'm a retired grandmother who took up online poker just to pass the long winters here in Canada. I am an avid golfer and that makes the winters even longer or at least they seem so.
I think my goal for 2013 is to take the game a little more seriously. I have passed most of the courses but don't always do what I know is the right thing. I play for low stakes and just reload when I run out. I would like to make enough money playing the next few months to pay for my annual camping trip. Haven't decided whether to play cash games or sit and goes in this quest. Any suggestions would be welcome. wish me luck and the same to you

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Midge,

Good luck in your challenge and welcome to pokerschoolonline, poker sure is a fun hobby for all ages.

I think you will have most success if you concentrate on one game format, cash games are generally lower variance than other games and provides a steadier income. However you will never hit that big score like you can playing tournaments. It's up to you to decide which you like best or even if you want to concentrate on one format. Most of all choose something your going to be having fun playing.

Here is an overview of the site that will help you get to know the place a bit better.

Best of luck.

Oliver.

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi theremidge,

Maybe start with a week of 25 cent 45 man games, then if that's not your thing try a week of cash games. Have you joined the pso home game club. Can practice with play. Money.

Live training here tends to be very good too,

Best of luck

Grade. B

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
challenge - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#5)
Started yesterday with a couple of sit and goes 1$ and 25 c ones. entered MTT for 1.50 won a little over ten dollars all together and so not too bad a start. Went deep into each one. found myself paying a little more attention to my position and making notes on the other players. Must say sure is fun so far. Watched a live training yesterday about 180 r tournament and it was quite informative listening to the thought process. Still find myself at a loss wondering what to do. Will keep trying. anybody know how to get those neat pictures on your blog. I would like the cat theme but don't know who to ask?
midge

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 10:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2011
BronzeStar
i will say to try the MTT of 25 cents buy-in with an added 100$ , they are i think a nice way to learn MTT and maybe get a pot in between 2-70$ with a low risk at your bankroll.
any other form of tourneys and S&G are ok as well as you feel comfortable with the time it lasts and buy-in .
gl at the tables

Old
still trying!!! - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 11:13 AM
(#7)
Have played quite a few S&G's, but nothing compared to what everybody else is playing. I can only play one game at a time so far and a 45 man S&G takes quite awhile. Anyway started my challenge with around forty dollars went u to forty-seven then back down to thirty-nine now back up to about fifty.
Maybe my next drop won't take me down as far and I hope to keep going up. I don't have pokertracker or any program like that and don't know if I should get it. I don't really understand what it is telling me when I hear the people talking about it on live training? Well onward and upward (I hope) good luck to all!! (Maybe u can teach an old dog new tricks)

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#8)
Since: May 2012
Hi midge45, good luck with your challenge & well done on a good start. Programs like Pokertracker & Hold'em Manager 2 can be really helpful. They keep track on what your opponents are doing, lets you know what percentage of hands they play, how often they raise pre-flop/3-bet, how often then C-bet etc. You can also look back on hands you've played to see what you're going wrong/right & it'll record your results. It's probably worth taking the month free trial with one of them to see how you get along with it.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL Midge!!

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 10:27 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Slow and steady does the trick! One table at the time sounds just fine, guess you could teach us patience

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com