Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Open league Freeroll

Old
Open league Freeroll - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
All the time the river card is awesome!! I play more on the phone and i can't save all hand . In this morning i was busted out kk vs A8o Flop: JT2 Turn: 3 River: A!! Awesome... i lost 27 points!

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
K5s is a fold for me.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#3)
Why? I am IP and an have pot odds to call 160...! On the turn i jut bet pot! River is J now my kicker is to small i check , i don't bet because i am sure he call other 2k...I thnik is other bad bet....! With KK i go all in preflop and he call with A8o?? On the turn he have olny 6% to hit Aces. And he comes !!

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:00 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Say the flop is AK7 rainbow? What will you do now? Even if you make a flush if the A isn't on the board you may not be in the lead.

Part of the problem is your 5 those times its a K high board you are losing to someone with a K and a better kicker.

If you had pot odds to call why did you not call? (you only have odds to call if your or opponent is all in.)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
What was your reason to raise K 5 suited preflop?
Was it to steal or do you think you have a quality hand?
I hope it was to steal.
Very speculative hand with a lot of bad draws to it.
Like the one that happened to you.
What did you think your opponents called you with?

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#6)
Because he have 20k....? and the pot is big i am sure he call if i move all in!

Last edited by auzziz; Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Fold pre. There aren't enough people in the hand to give the really good pot odds you need to go chasing a monster hand. You're more likely to hit a one pair or non-nut draw. You'll typically win a small pot with a pair of kings... or lose a big one to a better king or the nut flush.
Playing the PSO league games, it's better to play super-tight. You earn points by playing like a rock, not by gambling it up with marginal hands.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com