Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello Admin, I'm New To Pokerschool Online, I've Passed Poker Basics And Cash Game COurses... Although I Havn't Deposited Any Cash As Yet In Pokerstars, I Have Won Cash From Freerolls And Participated In Few Sit N Go Tournaments, Am I Eligible To Participate In This Thread? Thank You...

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 02:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:58 AM
(#4)
I Havn't Attended Live Training Session As Yet But Have Completed Poker Basics And Cash Game Courses And Quizzes At The End...

Old
Limping With Aces Good Or Bad? - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:39 AM
(#5)

They Say If You Flop A Monster Card You Need To Raise Big And Play Aggresively, But I Tend To Limp And Set Up Other Players.. Is It Good Or A Bad Strategy? So Far I Have Been Successful With Limps But In Long Run Do You Advise Me To Raise Big Or Stick To What's Working? Here Is A Video Of Me Limp Raising Pocket Aces In Yesterday's Sit n Go Tournament...

Old
Another One... - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:21 AM
(#6)

This One Is From Few Minutes Ago, Turns Out I Win More By Limping Good Cards... Should I Continue Limping Or Its A Bad Idea For The Long Run?

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#7)
I Attended The Live Training Session Today, Now What's Next?

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent.boyyy View Post
I Havn't Attended Live Training Session As Yet But Have Completed Poker Basics And Cash Game Courses And Quizzes At The End...
Well done on the Quizzes!

Quote:
They Say If You Flop A Monster Card You Need To Raise Big And Play Aggresively, But I Tend To Limp And Set Up Other Players.. Is It Good Or A Bad Strategy? So Far I Have Been Successful With Limps But In Long Run Do You Advise Me To Raise Big Or Stick To What's Working? Here Is A Video Of Me Limp Raising Pocket Aces In Yesterday's Sit n Go Tournament...
Depending on what type of "monster" it is will determine our course of action in the hand when it comes to extracting value from a worse range of made hands and/or draws. There are times when the board texture presents a situation to fast play our hand example: hole cards AA, flop AKQ with a flush draw or straight draw and 4 villains involved in the pot as there will be a lot of turn river cards that make us put on the brakes. There is also nothing wrong with trying to trap players (post flop) and I strongly advocate doing so with extremely strong hands (full house, top set/trips on very dry board etc..) versus certain player dynamics such "loose players" that like to take positional advantage and bet.. bet.. bet.. for thin value or bluff to pick up dead money in the pot on boards that are very dry.

Trapping pre-flop by limping very strong starting hands however..leaves us vulnerable to getting out flopped if the big blind decides to check their option or multiple players limp in behind greatly reducing our hand strength/equity in the pot.. we shouldn't really be doing so, even though AA is the best "starting hand" it's only a pair post flop, we want to build a pot pre-flop to set up the stack to pot ratio to get it all-in on either the flop or turn.

Quote:
This One Is From Few Minutes Ago, Turns Out I Win More By Limping Good Cards... Should I Continue Limping Or Its A Bad Idea For The Long Run?
Please refer to the 2nd quote in this reply.
Also we have a stack depth of 30bb and will often be playing this hand OOP which could make our decision that much harder if the hand plays out to a river/showdown.

Quote:
I Attended The Live Training Session Today, Now What's Next?
Did you find the Live Training Session helpful? Is there anything you'd like to discuss before heading out to the real money games?

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 02:18 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 04:23 AM
(#9)
Live Training Was Mainly Focused On Getting Started And Bet Sizes, More Like Beginner Stuff, It Didn't Include Advanced Training As Such But It Was Interactive And Was A Nice Experience... Its Been More Than 24 Hrs But I Still Havn't Received The Bank Roll Amount Cannon...

And A Quick Question If You Could Help Me It Would Be Really Helpful, I Tend To Get Into A Certain Situation While Playing And Don't Know How To Finish It Up... I See A Flop And Find Myself A Good Draw Of Both A Flush And A Straight And I Raise Normal Amount To Improve My Variance And The Opponent (Or Opponents) Call, I Don't Get Much Of A Help With A Turn Card But I Still Bet Coz I Have A Good Shot At Both Flush And A Straight Draw, And The Final Card Comes Up And I End Up Hitting Nothing, How Do I Finish This Play? Should I Bluff Big Amount And Risk Even More Or Should I Just Check? Opponent Has Called Me So He Must Have Hit Something.. What Should Be My Move To Finish This Play?

Last edited by silent.boyyy; Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 04:27 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:50 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Live Training Was Mainly Focused On Getting Started And Bet Sizes, More Like Beginner Stuff, It Didn't Include Advanced Training As Such But It Was Interactive And Was A Nice Experience... Its Been More Than 24 Hrs But I Still Havn't Received The Bank Roll Amount Cannon...

And A Quick Question If You Could Help Me It Would Be Really Helpful, I Tend To Get Into A Certain Situation While Playing And Don't Know How To Finish It Up... I See A Flop And Find Myself A Good Draw Of Both A Flush And A Straight And I Raise Normal Amount To Improve My Variance And The Opponent (Or Opponents) Call, I Don't Get Much Of A Help With A Turn Card But I Still Bet Coz I Have A Good Shot At Both Flush And A Straight Draw, And The Final Card Comes Up And I End Up Hitting Nothing, How Do I Finish This Play? Should I Bluff Big Amount And Risk Even More Or Should I Just Check? Opponent Has Called Me So He Must Have Hit Something.. What Should Be My Move To Finish This Play?
For now just try a straight forward TAG(tight aggressive) approach at the 0.01/0.02 9-max NLHE. Raising draws is fine depending on the situation such as, stack depths, board texture, odds and versus certain player tendencies. Most times in a multi way pot we will find that at least one villain has a piece of the board, whether it be top or 2nd pair, also at this buy-in level if their hand is good enough to call a flop bet they might take it to showdown especially if it's top pair with Jx Qx Kx Ax on a flop texture of AQT, KJ7, QJ6, JT8 etc...

As for bluffing the river when all of the draws missed, it entirely depends on the villain's tendencies/ranges that we are trying to fold out and how often they get to showdown. I wouldn't start bluffing the river until I have built a Bank Roll to sustain the swings that are accompanied when bluffing. As the saying goes "If you never get caught bluffing, you are not bluffing often enough"

I'd advise a TAG approach for now until hand reading skills have improved.

You should have received your buy-in, let me know if you got it!

CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#11)
Excuse me cannon, i've just completed single table tourneys quiz... am i eligible for my second bonus now?

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 09:03 PM
(#12)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#13)
Hello cannon, I got the 10 vpp that you mentioned...

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Hello cannon, I got the 10 vpp that you mentioned...

Hi,

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
note: Only VPPs that are accrued with the 2nd buy-in are eligible for the 3rd bonus (10 VPPs to release bonus). Any VPPs that where earned prior to the release of the 2nd buy-in do not count towards the 3rd award/bonus. Please let me know when you got those VPPs and with which buy-in.

2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#15)
Yes i Got them all after my 2nd bonus, infact i have 20 vpps at the moment...

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#16)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#18)
Thank you Cannon and royalraise for all your support, Really appreciate it...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com