Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Lots of unbelievable bad beats.

Old
Lots of unbelievable bad beats. - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Are we playing in a website seriously of dealing wif poker fairly or they just wan to make money from the raking?? Y there is so much bad beat on the river in pokerstars ?? This is not just a experience from myself but few of my frens playing in this website compare to others. Saw too much of unbelievable bad beat in the river even wif an out or two not once in an hour but sometimes continuously in few hand. Y whenever a player win it will continuously win for few hands unstoppable . How many players out there who had the same experience pls. comment as I would like to hear from u guys

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 08:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
I never see anyone posting about giving a bad beat. It all levels itself out in the end. If you were to look at it long term you will find you are winning most showdowns. Stars don't care how a hand plays out ,it is what it is. GL on the tables and chin up. HAPPY

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DateOnYou View Post
Are we playing in a website seriously of dealing wif poker fairly or they just wan to make money from the raking?? Y there is so much bad beat on the river in pokerstars ?? This is not just a experience from myself but few of my frens playing in this website compare to others. Saw too much of unbelievable bad beat in the river even wif an out or two not once in an hour but sometimes continuously in few hand. Y whenever a player win it will continuously win for few hands unstoppable . How many players out there who had the same experience pls. comment as I would like to hear from u guys

HI, well firstly I can tell you that Pokerstars in no way intentionally rig their games for rakes.

I am the one person who can honestly tell you that with no bias towards you or Stars.

What I can tell you, is yes the internet poker is not exact to live in hypophesis,but basically meaning any calculations are basically impossible to calculate to understand the differences.

I myself and many others study hypophesis of poker.

This been a combination of statistics, probabilities,variance calculations, poker physics, e.t.c.

There is a complex structure to poker scientifically more than most people would want to even consider.

I recently have gone back as far as when the Universe began,

To mainly try to understand more science.

The only thing to really remember at this time, we still have equal chance.

Regardless of variance , and all the rest we still have equal chance.

Im sure that every day Stars research team, work hard to try to consider improvement.

But the truth be known , Its complex.

Hope this helps in your thoughts, seriously do not worry.

Last edited by holdemace486; Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
HI.
At the beginning sorry for my English After the last server restart, strange things happen. I saw masses quads already full house. I lost a hand with a player who had a 9% to win, hit a full house. It happened to me already with 16 times. I wonder when they will do something about it?

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radziol6 View Post
HI.
At the beginning sorry for my English After the last server restart, strange things happen. I saw masses quads already full house. I lost a hand with a player who had a 9% to win, hit a full house. It happened to me already with 16 times. I wonder when they will do something about it?

Your English is fine. Can you post up these hand history for us to see. I wish I had 16 FH's that would be sweet.

As to the playewr who had 9% chance to hit his hand well lets just say that he will hit it roughly 9% of the time.

Was this a freeroll or open league or at a cash table?
You tend to see more bad beats in Freerolls rather than cash games purely because more players are in each hand. If 9 players are in the hand and you have best hand pre-flop, overall you can still be a favorite to lose.

Hero-33%
Villain 1 10%
villain 2 10%
villain 3 10%
villain 4 10%
villain 5 9%
villain 6 6%
villain 7 6%
villain 8 6%

we will lose (on average twice as many times as we win and some lucky sob will win even though at most they had 10% chance to win.

best we can do is play good poker,
Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radziol6 View Post
HI.

To be honest there is nothing to do as such, the odds etc all stay the same, we all still have equal chance and calculations would be so difficult to calculate to see if there was a difference.

I still grind out results as long as I don't tilt and play my a-game.

Online poker needs an higher skill set, you need to be pro minded. BRM and everything must apply.

Consider if you played 500 hands live. And had 3 bad beats.

The internet you will see 2000 hands for example in the same amount of time.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 10:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
If only they used burn cards.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:50 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2013
It's not an issue concerning rng or cheats or poker sites...it's an issue of player quality...

The best explanation I've heard is that with online poker you've got shedloads of poor players who don't know one should fold to a 3x raise when holding 72o...

when you raise 3x to open a hand this is a signal to good players that you have a hand and they will fold garbage simply because they are aware of what garbage is...weak players do not so you find yourself in a hand with 5 weak players more often...this makes it more likely that your AA gets cracked by 72o when the flop reads 774...that looks like a bad beat but it;s simply a result of weak players calling with weak hands...

I recently played a fun-money tourney and played any 2 cards I was top stack for the entire tourney as I was catching river cards left and right...the other players got so frustrated with me that most of them elected to sit out...the problem is that this type of play will only get you so far and if you pay attention you'll see that these any 2 cards early big stacks are rarely at the final table...I was in a 9 player STT and was finally knocked out in 4th place meaning I won nothing...

So it's not a disproportionate number of bad beats you're looking at...it's a disproportionate number of bad players and you should be happy as everyone knows that bad players lose money...without bad players no one would make money playing poker...

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:56 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaitanium64 View Post
It's not an issue concerning rng or cheats or poker sites...it's an issue of player quality...

The best explanation I've heard is that with online poker you've got shedloads of poor players who don't know one should fold to a 3x raise when holding 72o...

when you raise 3x to open a hand this is a signal to good players that you have a hand and they will fold garbage simply because they are aware of what garbage is...weak players do not so you find yourself in a hand with 5 weak players more often...this makes it more likely that your AA gets cracked by 72o when the flop reads 774...that looks like a bad beat but it;s simply a result of weak players calling with weak hands...

I recently played a fun-money tourney and played any 2 cards I was top stack for the entire tourney as I was catching river cards left and right...the other players got so frustrated with me that most of them elected to sit out...the problem is that this type of play will only get you so far and if you pay attention you'll see that these any 2 cards early big stacks are rarely at the final table...I was in a 9 player STT and was finally knocked out in 4th place meaning I won nothing...

So it's not a disproportionate number of bad beats you're looking at...it's a disproportionate number of bad players and you should be happy as everyone knows that bad players lose money...without bad players no one would make money playing poker...

+ INFINITY!!!!

THIS should be a sticky,great post. And 100% balls on accurate.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:15 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaitanium64 View Post

I agree with about 80% of what your saying here.......hiccup,

but......playing only by the book at times makes you a very easy read,

depending by my stack/position I may play atc's, so my 27o may take out your AA's......is that a bad beat or a weak play?

Or you thinking someone would never play them?

btw....in my mind there is no bad beats...this is poker,

You must be willing to lose.

Anyways...good luck all and always remember rule #1

hiccup

Last edited by effsea; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
I never see anyone posting about giving a bad beat. :
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...light=bad+beat

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 AM
(#12)
With all my science knowledge, there's a few things you must all know.

When the Grabshegt galaxie reaches a volume greater than the Kropsjonih galaxie with the flares of the sun reaching its peak while an Ace hits the flop 3 times in a row, 27o will be the winning hand.

But, remember that when the moon of the Frenbloss planet slows it's rotation to hide the Mokslorte sun from the Prezisogh planet all while no 2's have been seen on 4 consecutive flops, go all in if you do have a 2 as all other 2's will show up on the flop.

Science is so complex that poker will never be a perfect game, as planets will always move around.

Good luck at the tables all
Beam me up Scotty
Ah those sun flares
What about that other planet?

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#13)
Hi radziol6,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with the features and services that are available at PSO.

Setting goals is an excellent way to increase your motivation and potential to succeed. Please consider participating in the TimeVault a current promotion here at PSO to help you achieve this result.
Good luck in all your endeavours,
Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
I never see anyone posting about giving a bad beat. It all levels itself out in the end. If you were to look at it long term you will find you are winning most showdowns. Stars don't care how a hand plays out ,it is what it is. GL on the tables and chin up. HAPPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post

I KNEW you were gonna respond to Happy as shamelessly proud of this hand as you are,lol.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:59 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
With all my science knowledge, there's a few things you must all know.

When the Grabshegt galaxie reaches a volume greater than the Kropsjonih galaxie with the flares of the sun reaching its peak while an Ace hits the flop 3 times in a row, 27o will be the winning hand.

But, remember that when the moon of the Frenbloss planet slows it's rotation to hide the Mokslorte sun from the Prezisogh planet all while no 2's have been seen on 4 consecutive flops, go all in if you do have a 2 as all other 2's will show up on the flop.

Science is so complex that poker will never be a perfect game, as planets will always move around.

Good luck at the tables all
Beam me up Scotty
Ah those sun flares
What about that other planet?

You left out the Leasts beating the Habs the other night,which shifted all known realities into an alternate dimension.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I KNEW you were gonna respond to Happy as shamelessly proud of this hand as you are,lol.
HeHe Moxie,

I know you've all prob seen it before.
But it is still a ripper

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
Thanks Chucky I needed that laugh first thing this morning.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
I agree with about 80% of what your saying here.......hiccup,

but......playing only by the book at times makes you a very easy read,

depending by my stack/position I may play atc's, so my 27o may take out your AA's......is that a bad beat or a weak play?

Or you thinking someone would never play them?

btw....in my mind there is no bad beats...this is poker,

You must be willing to lose.

Anyways...good luck all and always remember rule #1

hiccup
well said

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
i think new players frequently confuse infrequent events occurring many times in a row as a sign that something is wrong. they suffer from the gambler's fallacy--they're using past results to predict the future instead of relying on the odds, which always remain the same and are completely independent of any previous trial. new players often don't realize that the number of hands they are analyzing at any one time is not nearly large enough to make any statisical claims. finally, new players fail to produce evidence of their claims that an rng is rigged. it seems that players in the past would jump on the bandwagon, all proclaiming that one site or another is rigged, or that every online site was out to rob its players, or that only the sponsered professionals could ever win due to the rng being rigged in their favor. players even go out of their way to try and find flaws in this system, while offering solutions to "re-rig" the system to fall back in their favor, all the while forgetting that it would be easier to just LEARN TO PLAY BETTER POKER! a professional athlete doesn't ask a witch doctor to fix his jump shot, or his tackling form, or his swing, or his running mechanics, or whatever...they learn to play better, and they GET better! poker should be treated the same way--the more serious u take it, the better ur results will be because u will learn what works and what doesn't. experience will teach u loads of information, but only if you're paying attention!

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 03:15 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
i think new players frequently confuse infrequent events occurring many times in a row as a sign that something is wrong. they suffer from the gambler's fallacy--they're using past results to predict the future instead of relying on the odds, which always remain the same and are completely independent of any previous trial. new players often don't realize that the number of hands they are analyzing at any one time is not nearly large enough to make any statisical claims. finally, new players fail to produce evidence of their claims that an rng is rigged. it seems that players in the past would jump on the bandwagon, all proclaiming that one site or another is rigged, or that every online site was out to rob its players, or that only the sponsered professionals could ever win due to the rng being rigged in their favor. players even go out of their way to try and find flaws in this system, while offering solutions to "re-rig" the system to fall back in their favor, all the while forgetting that it would be easier to just LEARN TO PLAY BETTER POKER! a professional athlete doesn't ask a witch doctor to fix his jump shot, or his tackling form, or his swing, or his running mechanics, or whatever...they learn to play better, and they GET better! poker should be treated the same way--the more serious u take it, the better ur results will be because u will learn what works and what doesn't. experience will teach u loads of information, but only if you're paying attention!
Anyone who plays poker suffers from gambler's fallacy : poker is a game where the cards have no memory or influence , as in Blackjack ; playing the odds / probabilities are just that probabilities not facts , and the numbers have no memory either ; alot of people on forums go on about the long run as if the longer or more hands they play with odds in their favour they ARE going to win because that is what they expect ; expectation and results rarely tally , even taking somee amount of deviation into consideration .

I cant remeber who said it , but someone suggests that , especially in tournaments bad players should encourage variance because that is the only way they can win ; and when you realise that on all sites even up to medium level stakes the vast majority of players are bad it becomes apparent that playing touneys is a long term losing proposition . If you want to make money at poker grinding out cash games at whatever level your bankroll allows is the only way , and even then the longer you play the more likely you will lose . When you consider that of all the players online across all sites only 2-3% are consistently winning players , then no matter how good you think you are , the poker sites are having a laugh .

Last edited by TOO2COO; Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate expression TOO2COO

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com