Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Smile
Bankroll Builder - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi, I am new at porkerscholl and have not made my first deposit, am I elegible

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:38 AM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:32 AM
(#4)
Hi Cannon,

I am not sure about how to play this hand.

I attended this session yesterday.

Thank you for the intructions.

Last edited by Poker7490; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#5)
If I have a full house should I go all in or its better wait one of the villain have a 4, thanks

I also completed the quiz.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:11 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker7490 View Post
Hi Cannon,

I am not sure about how to play this hand.
I attended this session yesterday.
Thank you for the intructions.

Quote:
If I have a full house should I go all in or its better wait one of the villain have a 4, thanks

I also completed the quiz.
You played the hand correctly, with 95 high there are not to many other hands that we can get value from besides 8x and below, so it's safe to check as most of the time in a multi-way pot we will be beat by over cards Tx to Ax.

If you have a full house, we want to bet an amount that the villain will call, going all in depends on the stack to pot ratio and previous betting rounds. I'd suggest to attend one of the Getting Started "Bet Sizing" Live Trainings.

The Getting Started session that you attended the other day, did you find it helpful? Is there anything that you would like to discuss about it?

Well done on the quiz! Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at full table of 9-Max 1/2c NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format.

If you encounter any difficult situations during your session, please post a hand replay and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:23 AM
(#7)
No particular questions about that session, it was interesting because I learned more about the software.
I attended that other live training too.
I have lost a lot of money in one hand.

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:34 AM
(#8)
Cash game quiz completed

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#9)
Quote:
No particular questions about that session, it was interesting because I learned more about the software.
I attended that other live training too.
I have lost a lot of money in one hand.
Hi,

Please play at a full table of 9-max NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format!

With our stack depth at a short handed table it's fine to open this hand on the button. When we brick the flop, I'd just shut down and check behind/fold to any bets, as 1 continuation bet of about half pot commits our stack and we are only drawing to 3 outs for the A and 4 outs for the 10 = 14% equity.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:03 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Cash game quiz completed
Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format.

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 09:04 PM
(#11)
Hi,

Unfortunately I have lost all the buy-in in bad mistakes:

Any chance for another buy-in?
Thanks

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Hi,
Unfortunately I have lost all the buy-in in bad mistakes:
Any chance for another buy-in?
Thanks

Sitting with a 20bb stack in early position, this is an auto fold. Our stack depth isn't big enough to maneuver post flop and make a better range of Jx combo fold or other hands that may have us dominated. As for post flop play, we brick the flop, any amount that we bet 1/2 pot or more is almost pot committing us, I would have check back/fold to any bets on the flop, turn or river.

Please play at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE, if the table breaks up move to a full table, as your training is focused on this game format (full ring).

This hand plays okay short handed, if we have top pair. But most times this hand doesn't flop to well, simply because of the connectivity between the A to 6. Your open raise is fine on the button. On the flop, I'd check behind for pot control and in the hopes of peeling the straight or hitting an A..if I am to bet I'd be basically charging myself to draw to about 14% equity which is -EV.

Your 3rd Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours! If there is anything that you would like to discuss before heading out to the real money games..let me know.

CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#13)
Hi,
I have lost all the buy-in again.
It is very difficult to me when I need stop betting.

Thank you for your support.

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#14)
The last buy can be still credited?
Thanks

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Hi Poker7490,

I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at this hand for you. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once the hands have been reviewed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi,

Hi Poker7490

Both of these hands are quite similar.

A5o is not strong enough to open with from early or middle position. Too often you will flop and A and lose a big pot because you have a weak kicker. When you got reraised you should definately fold. From early positon I open with AJs+ and 88+.

Q10o is also too weak to open with from early or middle postion. Once again fold to the reraise.

The earlier your postion, the stronger the hand you need. In general post flop you don't want to committ a significant portion of you stack unless you have a strong made hand, or very strong draw like an open ended straight and flush draw. Finally, playing fewer hands and starting with stronger hands preflop, will make your postflop play easier.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 04:54 PM
(#17)
Hi, Thanks Roland GTX

I understand that hands are not very strong hands, I have to wait more to make a better pre-flop decision.
Can I get the last buy-in now?

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, Thanks Roland GTX

I understand that hands are not very strong hands, I have to wait more to make a better pre-flop decision.
Can I get the last buy-in now?
Hi Poker7490,

We have now awarded you with your last bonus, let us know how you get on with it

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com