Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Win a seat to a WSOP Event

Old
Win a seat to a WSOP Event - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I have a vision, more like I got a plan, ah really it's only a thought or a dream

Dave (TheLangolier) and John (JWK24) participated in a league for a chance to win a seat at the ME of the WSOP 2013. So I thought, why not have something like it, but at a smaller scale!!!

So here's my idea:
Now, of course money would be involved and anybody can participate. Because the payout structure is not in sink with PokerStars, since in a sense it's a league play and a certain amount is put towards a big prize, PokerStars doesn't give us the opportunity to set up games with a set prize, therefore the games would have to played in play money.

Prize:
Tournament fee of $1,500 at a WSOP events (schedule coming out soon, should be around the 20th of June), plus $1,000 for traveling and expenses and I will offer free of charge, a portion of my Timesharing condo (2 or 3 bedroom) for the stay (to be confirm). What I mean by a portion, is that I'm going to be there....lol

How it will work:
- There will be 15 tournaments to be played in 15 weeks (one a week) and 1 final tournament to determine the winner of the package.
- A point system will be used, were everyone gets points. (not the one in the HomeGames)
- You need to play at least 10 tournaments to qualify.
- Your best 8 tournament score will count towards the final tournament.
- Top 10 will face off at the final tournament.
- Each tournament will cost $10 (free for the final).
- There will be a $100 prize per tournament as follow: 1st - $40, 2nd - $30, 3rd - $20 and 4th - $10. These amounts will be transferred directly into your PokerStars account the following day.
- The remaining amount goes to the final tournament.
- The final tournament, prizes are as follow: 1st- $2,500, 2nd - $750, 3rd - $500, 4th -$250, 5th to 10th - $100. These amounts will be deposited in your PokerStars account the following day, except for 1st place who will get $1,000 and a buy-in once in Vegas.
- First place prize is not transferable and must be used for the WSOP Event, so that we can brag about sending a PSO member to play a WSOP Event
- Total minimum cost is $100 and maximum is $150 per player and we need a minimum of 60 players to cover the cost of a guaranteed $6,000. To make sure that we have the guaranteed amount, every player joining will have to pay $100 upfront. Another reason is that we are playing in a HomeGame play money.
- I've been a banker for different activities and I think that I can be trusted. If you need referrals, ask any Tankers.
- If more games are played or more players are registered, than the extra money will be added to the final tournament
- If you want to play more than the minimum 10 games required, you will need to send the $10 before tournament starts for every games.

Some of you might find it expensive, so here are some suggestions:
- Get a sponsor (staker), so if you get one for 50%, what ever you win at the WSOP side event, you split in proportion.
- Organize smaller tournaments or Sit&Go's to achieve the $100 minimum requirement
- Any other ideas?

So to have enough time to play the 15 games and the final, we would need to start this no later than the 20th of February 2013. ONLY PSO members can participate, so if you have friends that do want to participate, have them join PSO. If participation is high enough, MAYBE, just maybe, PSO could participate in some way. (NO obligation)

I'll leave this open till Sunday the 9th of February. I know it's short notice, but we never know. So we need 60 players minimum for $100 each.

So, How many of you would be interested?

PS. Mod's, if this isn't ok please let me know

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
This sounds like a great idea sandtrap! Ill definatly be participating if ya get it up and running .......(Not very confident in winning but am happy to donate $100 so i can say i had a share in a wsop champ! lol)
And while we are on the topic im pretty sure the world series is coming to australia for the first time this year or next, I would love it if ya could organize something for that too! (I can offer a matteress on my bedroom floor as accomodation lol)
B.p

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:26 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
Fantastic idea Sandtrap!

Any idea what day & time the tournaments would be held each week? If they're held on a Saturday or Monday you can count me in I can make Sunday's after 8pm GMT too. I work Tue to Fri.

I hope you can get enough interest in this!

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
I'm in Sand's

I hope we can get 60 players

great idea by the way

this is what dreams for - to be achieved

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:20 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Wanted to participate but will see the schedule first.

Great Idea.

Good Luck to the tables.

PH

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:19 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
What an amazing idea Sandtrap. I just wish I was 21, no Vegas for a few years!

Good luck to all who participate, I'll be following the progress closely

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:25 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
sounds good but need to see times

Old
WSOP - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2012
Sounds like a great idea I would be interested depending on the times the comps would be held ? I work Mon - Fri nights so could only play on Sat or Sun. I will wait for an update on details

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croyd93 View Post
What an amazing idea Sandtrap. I just wish I was 21, no Vegas for a few years!

Good luck to all who participate, I'll be following the progress closely

A few years?

Man l feel old.....hiccup

cheers all

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:47 PM
(#10)
Definitely it would have to be during the weekend to attract as many players as possible. Probably on Saturday around 2pm EST.

Croyd, you can still play an aim for second prize

The odds of winning at least your money back are 1 in 6, plus every game as a total prize of $100

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Best of luck with this Sand, great idea and initiative!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 08:53 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Excellent idea Sandtrap! I am interested

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 08:24 AM
(#13)
always one step ahead, beautiful idea, if this one works out maybe you can organise future events where we send PSO players to all major events, who knows! count me in!

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#14)
WOW ONLY 12 replies out of 293 views

I must say I'm not surprised
99% of all PSO members are members for the FREE stuff, you know, Freerolls, Free starting bankroll, Free promotions, Free training, Free advice. If it ain't FREE, they're no where to be found.

I'm sure if I'd proposed it to the Americans, to members of 2+2 and others, I would of gotten the amount of players required, but I wanted this to be a PSO thing.

So I do understand the PSO marketing team, when it comes to organizing things for PSO members, it's all about gimme, gimme, gimme for the members and make sure it's FREE.

What a sad bunch.................LOL

For those that did reply, I'll be trying elsewhere and will let you know by PM. Thanks for showing interest.

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 06:32 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
ahh well sand, maybe next year at the Oz open..........
lol would have been a great opportunity for someone!

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 07:00 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
Woulda been interested :/

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 09:31 PM
(#17)
Since: May 2012
Thanks for trying Sandtrap. I'd still be interested if you can find another way to make it happen.

Old
Good idea - Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#18)
Great Idea,
Pity not enough response maybe a bit short notice ? perhaps the idea could still be carried out, but start in August or September 2013 for next year 2014 ? get everyone emailed like they do for club comps ?? Maybe not everyone reads forum posts, I don't regularly but just came upon it when I was looking one day.)

We did a similar thing at our club and sent 6 people so it can be done ( I came 23rd out of the Final Event night of 56 so didn't make it ) We had over 150 people in the league set up for it and it was done on a weekly event like you were proposing, I think it was done as 1 point for playing a comp, with the top 25 finishers getting more points from 30 - 5 ? or something ? and the total points you got = the chips you got at the final event so the good regular players were rewarded with the biggest stacks. So good thinking thinking and maybe you can still make it work in the future ??

Last edited by EngelsNick; Tue Feb 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: added info

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com