Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Brodermatt - Time Vault Challenge

Old
Brodermatt - Time Vault Challenge - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
Goals for 2013

- Learn bankroll management skills
- Build bankroll from $0 - $1000 (Must not top up account)
- Compete in Weekly Round 2 Freerolls at least twice a month
- Finish in top 30 in Bankroll Mob Freerolls (End of month)
- Watch at least 1 training session per week
- Enter into the Premier Skill League
- Buy into a Sunday Millions tournament and finish in the money

1) Over the years I have built my bankroll from $20 - $100 in a days play just my playing low buy-in tournaments and Sit'N'Go's. I then take one bad beat and I start to tilt from there. I buy into tournaments larger than my bankroll and sometimes I buy into Ring games with all of my bankroll.
This year I must implement strict rules and stop losing all my money.

2) I'm forever topping up my account and always losing it. This year I don't want to top up at all. It will take hard work making sure I finish in the money in the freerolls. Should be fun.

3) I will be playing most freerolls each day to maximize my chances of entering into the Weekly Round 2 freerolls. Hopefully I can finish on some final tables.

4) Bankroll Mob have great freerolls for their members. Finishing in the top 30 at the end of each month can really be rewarding with some great cash prizes.

5) I would like to be more active in participating in the Live training sessions. I would really like to gain the knowledge from pro players and implement their strategies into my game.

6) I would love to play in the Premier Skill League this year. It takes hard work to get into that League and I would like to finish in the top 100 of the Open Skill League and secure a spot in the Premier.

7) My final goal - Play in a Sunday Millions tournament. That would be a buzz! Finishing in the money would be great! A final table appearance would be even better.

Those are my goals guys, would love some feedback and welcome to any tips from all of you.
Good luck on the felt

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 04:32 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks R.R

A couple of days into my freeroll challenge and no luck as of yet. I have been playing the Astronomer's based freeroll's but keep busting out in the low hundred's. Still plenty of poker left though to reach my monthly goals of playing at least 2 Weekly Freeroll's via the Astronomer freeroll's.
I'm also waiting for the Open Skill League to start on the 3rd of Feb. Would love to get off to a great start and maintain my progress. It's all about those points.

Good luck on the felt!

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Week 1 down.

I have been playing freerolls pretty much everyday, but keep busting out and not receiving any reward. I have played in 3 Open Skill League tournaments and currently ranked at 2455. I made it to the final table in my last crack in the league and ended up finishing 8th. Going all in pre-flop I had A6 suited with only the big blind calling. He had K7 suited and hit his King
Won $0.10 and now playing in the $0.10 NL Hold'em 360 Player MTT.
I'll let you guys know how I went.

Cheers

Good luck on the felt!

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 07:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodermatt View Post
Week 1 down.

I have been playing freerolls pretty much everyday, but keep busting out and not receiving any reward. I have played in 3 Open Skill League tournaments and currently ranked at 2455. I made it to the final table in my last crack in the league and ended up finishing 8th. Going all in pre-flop I had A6 suited with only the big blind calling. He had K7 suited and hit his King
Won $0.10 and now playing in the $0.10 NL Hold'em 360 Player MTT.
I'll let you guys know how I went.

Cheers

Good luck on the felt!
Well done on the 8th in the skill league that is not easy.

I would build up a BR first from free rolls, it can soon add up, dont just win a bit then then use it although the temptation is there. Try and build enough for a 45 man tourney as there is less player variance.

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 03:05 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Thanks very much!

Thanks for the bankroll tip too. Busted out half way in the 360 player tourney ( on the river )
Will be saving my pennies and aim to play in the lower variance games!

Thanks again

Brodie

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 03:36 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
8th place in pso open nice job brod

just keep playing and try to improve everytime

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:33 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Thanks Marvin!

Just finished in 51st place out of 10,000 players in another Open Skill League. Fairly happy with that. Went out to a full house on the flop, so can't complain.
I believe I've played in 9 OSL's and have busted out early on 4 occasions. As long as I can keep my win/loss ratio in the positive I'll be happy.
I have another goal which is to get into the 'Big Bang' freerolls. Hopefully I can finish in the top 400 in my next 2 outings.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2012
Good luck and very nice progress in the Open skill league, keep it up

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:47 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I transferred the money I had won from Full Tilt to Stars and just recently played in a 45 man MTT, buy in of $0.25. I started off great until I got AK off suit.
This is how the hand played out...

I needed luck in the next couple of hands in order to stay alive. Thankfully the poker gods looked after me The next two hands were played straight after my big loss.

From here I had enough chips to stay alive. Patience was the key. I waited for my next decent hand to raise/shove all in. Here is how the hand played out...

After winning that hand I was back in amongst the field with still plenty of poker to be played. Once again I waited for the right time to make my move and hit well again to take a nice pot.

Making it into the money was my main goal and from having a short stack of 194 chips to sitting 3rd on the final table I was really pleased about. Yes, there was luck involved and you do need that when playing. Patience was the key factor in making the top 3.
Unfortunately the poker gods were not on my side this time, this is how I busted out

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:02 AM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2012
Nice comeback, good luck in your future tourneys as it is difficult to build it up from $0. Need a lot of patience, some luck and a lot of determination. Good job so far

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:06 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Thanks Built!!

Currently sitting on $24.62.
I'll be uploading my bankroll management strategies on here and in my blog soon. In the middle of the drafting process

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodermatt View Post
Thanks Built!!

Currently sitting on $24.62.
I'll be uploading my bankroll management strategies on here and in my blog soon. In the middle of the drafting process
Well done Brodermatt, keep it up mate, remember the smaller the buyin the more chance you have of your BR surviving.
But the more the numbers of players the harder it is.

GL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com