Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Cool
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi,
I just finished the basic course and tried some play money games.
What do i need to do next to get the promotion ?

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunhim View Post
Hi,
I just finished the basic course and tried some play money games.
What do i need to do next to get the promotion ?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand replay - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#4)

I am not sure if this is the right play

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

With a hand like 45o, as bad as it is, I'm more than happy to see the flop for free from the BB.

I flop trip 5's with a horrible kicker on a flop that also has a heart flush draw. The SB bets 3/4 pot (30) and I definitely want to raise. The key here is to pick a bet size that gives the opps that could have hearts a negative play to draw. A standard raise is to between 3X the previous bet (90) and a pot-sized raise (100). I don't want to raise smaller, as it could give the opps a +EV play (one where they expect to gain chips) to draw to beat me. Due to this, I'll raise to 95.

The button folds and the turn is the A of diamonds. Against one opponent, this is the easiest situation to make sure that the opp makes a negative play to draw. All I need to do is to make sure that the bet is 1/2 the size of the pot. Since the opp bet less than this, I need to raise to 1/2 the size of the pot and will raise to 165 (his bet of 50 plus 1/2 pot, 105).

The opp now min 3-bets me and I now want to make a standard raise. Same as last time, I need to make it between 3X their bet amount and a pot-sized raise. However... I don't have that many chips, so I'm shoving. Yes, there's an outside chance that they could have the last 5, but I'm not worried about it. The overwhelming majority of the time they will have an A or K here and I'm way ahead.

The keys with this hand are the bet sizes. Making standard sizes helps to conceal the strength of my hand and also to have the opps make negative plays to call. Min raises are something that I do not want to do, as they give the opps a positive play to draw. If the opps make a negative play to draw and outdraw me, then it's just bad luck. If I give them a positive play to outdraw me, then it'd be my own fault that I lost the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:00 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

Please let me know when you attend the Getting Started live training session, so that we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:40 AM
(#7)
thanks for your analysis=]
the getting started live training is at 4am in my time zone...
I don't think I would wake up midnight and watch.
can I join another live training in stead of getting started?

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

The trainings for this promotion are very specific. Others will not work for it. Since this one doesn't suit your timezone, please watch this link and let me know when you have done so.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 03:03 AM
(#9)
Thx so much =D
Ok, I have watched~

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#10)
I am confused by this match,
This is a 45 person sit and go tournament and i'm in the final table.
I get to final table hard but all chips are gone in one hand
Could you please teach me what did I do wrong in this match ?

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

The keys in this hand are the bet sizes (and I'm more than happy getting the chips in preflop with a premium made hand, as I'm going to win this 85% of the time. However, that DOES mean that I'll lose 15% of the time).

With KK, I'm going to make a standard raise, which at this blind level in a tourney (different strategy from this promotion, which is for cash games) is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are no limpers, I'll raise to 500 (2.5BB).

The opp now min-raises me. I want to re-raise and will make a standard one, which is to 3X their bet. Since they bet 2k, I will raise to 6k. If they re-raise me, I'm shoving.

I want to keep all of my raises standard, in order to conceal the strength of my hand. I also do not want to make abnormally large nor small raises, as that basically turns my cards face-up to my opponent. Betting larger with big hands or smaller with speculative hands will tell an observant opponent basically exactly what cards they have. It's the biggest online tell that a player can have.

Unfortunately, every hand will lose a given % of the time and this one happens to be one.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 03:29 AM
(#13)
THx so much for your information =]
I have finished the basic course and assessment~

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:20 AM
(#15)
the 'Bet Sizing' live training session is at 4am midnight again
could u just post the video here please ^^?
btw my money are all lost
what should i do now?
thx~

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chunhim!

Please post here the hand/hands that you lost the buy-in so that they can be analyzed for you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com