Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 08:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

tiltboy52

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 01:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#4)
i've don the training.
is it good not to c-bet in this hand because of 2 opponents, and how do you like the 3-bet?

Last edited by tiltboy52; Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltboy52 View Post
is it good not to c-bet in this hand because of 2 opponents, and how do you like the 3-bet?
Hi tiltboy52,

I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at this hand for you. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once the hands have been reviewed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 01:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi tiltboy52!

With AJs in postion, I see a raise and call in front of me. Here is where I've got options. I can either call behind and see the flop in position or I can 3-bet to try to lower the number of opps in the hand. Which I do will be based on my reads of the opponents. If I 3-bet, I'll make the size of it my standard 3-bet size, between 3X the opp's bet (90) and a pot-sized raise (105).

I see a 3-way flop that I miss, but I'm in position. When the opps check to me, here is where a read on the opps will come into play. If the opps are calling stations (will call anything) then I'll check. If the opps might fold, then I'll make a 2/3 pot c-bet (250).

The turn gives me top pair. When the opps check to me, I will definitely make a value bet here and size it at 2/3 pot (250). If there was only 1 opp in the hand, I'd bet 1/2 pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi tiltboy52,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#8)
I pass all the quizes!

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:11 PM
(#9)
Quote:
I pass all the quizes!
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#10)
fold pre flop or?
how can i get next 2$ in promotion?

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
fold pre flop or?
how can i get next 2$ in promotion?
Hi tiltboy52

Preflop is tough. If I had a deeper stack then I would probably call as you did. You will have position on the raiser postflop. And, you have a decent hand that plays well against multiple opponents. The biggest worry is that one of the players left to act reraises, in which case you need to fold. Since you do not have a deep stack I would probably have played it safe and folded preflop.

The villain may have a hand or he may be trying to steal the dead money in the pot.

As played, you flop a flush draw. Notice that you are not drawing to the nut flush. Moreover, you and the villain are fairly short stacked. I would recommend calling the flop c-bet and reevaluating on the turn. Getting all in risks too much of your stack considring you will only make a flush about 1 in 3 times.

Nice result though

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#12)
I completed cash game quiz and collected 10VPP so i think that i qualify now for the rest of 6$ at my bankroll promotion.
What do you think ?

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 09:28 AM
(#13)
Quote:
I completed cash game quiz and collected 10VPP so i think that i qualify now for the rest of 6$ at my bankroll promotion.
What do you think ?
Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

As for the 3rd and 4th Bank Roll Builder buyins, only after completing the cash game quiz..>>click here<< for a complete overview of how they are awarded.

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#14)
didn't get any money yet, do you know why?

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#15)
Quote:
didn't get any money yet, do you know why?
Hi,

I am checking to see why. It might take up to 24 hours to get an answer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#16)
i get 2$ it today. I collected 10vpp+ can i get other 4$?

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#17)
Quote:
i get 2$ it today. I collected 10vpp+ can i get other 4$?

Please post 1 hand replay of a difficult spot that you have encountered during your poker session and I'll analyze it for you.

Be sure to read THIS to help familiarize yourself of what exactly each stage is in your training.

Good luck on the quiz.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Feb 17, 2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#18)
I already pass the quiz and post a hand i got 4$/8$ in promotion, and as it says to get other 4$ i need to collect 10VPP and pass the quiz and i did that!

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Three of the four Bank Roll Builder buy-ins have been awarded to you.

Yes, you have posted 1 real money hand.

I'd like to analyze some of your hands from one of your 'real money full ring' sessions and suggest some content from the school before awarding your final buy-in. The advice will certainly be of use when you decide to move up in stakes.

CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Feb 17, 2013 at 07:52 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com