Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

The Big Game: Now Showing in New Zealand! - **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD**

Old
The Big Game: Now Showing in New Zealand! - **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD** - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010

The PokerStars Big Game is one of the most successful poker TV shows of all time, and it’s now showing in New Zealand! You can catch the action on TV3, every Friday at 23:15 local time, from February 24. It’s your chance to see the biggest names in the game compete for high-stakes. The line-up includes Team PokerStars Pros like Daniel Negreanu, Jason Mercier, Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier and many more, plus legends like Phil Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson and Joe Hachem.

The stars are joined each week by a ’Loose Cannon’ online qualifier, who gets to test their skills against the pros. PokerStars gives them their buy-in of $100,000, and any profit they make over that amount is theirs to keep. The Loose Cannon with the most profit at the end of the season wins the trophy and a live event package. Don’t miss your chance to see all the best hands, big egos, trash talk and more every week!

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions or comments about watching The Big Game on TV.

Follow me on Twitter

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 11:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I'm curious how many people from NZ are actually signed up to PSO? The Big Game games have a pretty consistent following of about 350 people every night, but I'm yet to figure out how to play this format. I find it very difficult and counter-intuitive to everything I've learned on this site

Old
I'm signed up to PSO and Pokerstars in general - Fri Jul 26, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2013
and I also watch the big game as often as I can, when I remember it is on, as it is at around 11 at night on a friday night, with not much else worth watching beforehand. I have just one question, where do I find these so called "free" nz only tournaments they keep advertising every ad break? The only ones I have seen since I signed up bout a month ago were the ANZ Micro Millions, which, while being freeroll, required you to have made a minimum $20 deposit to your Pokerstars account, which as far as I'm concerned, is not "free", and quite frankly is a lil irritating.

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxster17 View Post
The only ones I have seen since I signed up bout a month ago were the ANZ Micro Millions, which, while being freeroll, required you to have made a minimum $20 deposit to your Pokerstars account, which as far as I'm concerned, is not "free"
It's considered free if you don't have to pay a buy in amount in order to play, you might need to deposit but that money won't be used for the entry, they'll remain on your account.
But I have never deposited any amount so I can't judge you.

Also there is a regional leaderboard for NZ players, I wouldn't complain if I were you.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello Foxster17,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxster17 View Post
I have just one question, where do I find these so called "free" nz only tournaments they keep advertising every ad break?
Any tournaments specific to your region should be found in the PokerStars client under Tourney > Regional. I'm a UK resident so I'm not 100% sure of the tourney's you're referring to as we have different ones but they should be in there. If you still can't find them let me know and I'll look into it.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com