Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom Set Laydown?

Old
10NL Zoom Set Laydown? - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's 11/8, AF:1.7 over 233 hands. Flop cbet: 44%(9)

With his UTG range, I exclude 97, KJ, J9. Also with his check/call line OTF, OTT, I exclude TP Ax hands.

His range can have PPs like TT-QQ. With his low AF, is this an obvious sign that QQ got there? Easy fold?

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
First things first, this guy is a total nit for 6max. If he's positionally aware (which might not be the case, some ubernits just play the top 10% of hands, whatever the position), then his range is very narrow, so he's ideal to go set-mining against.
Unfortunately, he doesn't c-bet, allowing you to raise and stack off against AQ+. His check-call looks like QQ-TT, or possibly a slowplayed top set.
The thing about (some) nits, is that they play so few hands that when they finally get queens or kings, they really hate folding them, even when it's obvious they are beat. This big stacked villain may indeed have got married to queens. The low AF would indicate his river lead is for pure fat value. He's got aces, tens, or queens almost always. Even in the unlikely even that he opened UTG with KJ, he made the nuts on the river.

I liked your bet sizing on earlier streets, but I think you have to fold to the river donk. I can't see how this player could possibly be bluffing. Looks like you played fine and experienced a brutal suckout.

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Agsinst such a tight player you can easily narrow down his overall handrange by the river.

Since he x/c flop and turn his range until then will most likely contain AA/KK/QQ/TT and maybe some AQ/AK.

To me his overbet now rules out any Ax, and to some extent also many AQ combos since I think that most people will be more likely to bet the Ax part of their range than decide to x/c them down.

If you take all AQ combos into his range then you can still call an overbet but I'd weigh it more towards slowplayed AA/QQ/TT since that fits his line much better - that would tip it towards folding for me.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com