Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Ugh. So annoying

Old
Ugh. So annoying - Fri Feb 01, 2013, 08:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...750_2CB97C62E3

Think I played this a little poorly. At least it was cheap

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi massive_set!

With AK, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since nobody has limped, I'll raise to 150. I want to keep my raise sizes standard to conceal my hand, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, 33, AK, JTs or any other hand that I want to play.

The flop brings a pair and a flush draw. When the first opp checks to me, I'm going to bet 2/3 pot (371 chips). This will be enough to price out someone drawing at the flush.

The turn is a third spade and the opp checks to me. Since I'm heads-up and I don't have a spade, I'm going to bet 1/2 pot (655). This will be for value, continuing to represent a pair or the flush since I've shown strength every street, and to make sure that if the opp has only a single spade, it is a -EV call for them.

The river is a fourth spade and the opp makes a very small bet. Since their bet is so small, here is where a read on the opp comes into play. If there is a chance that the opp would bluff due to my turn check, then I'm calling here. I only have to be correct 11.7% of the time here to breakeven. If the opp is a total nit and only bets the nuts, then I'll muck.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com