Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

big $11 hit TP on the river

Old
big $11 hit TP on the river - Sat Feb 02, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
never seen my opp do such crazy thing so i assume he's a TAG

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
et
what is the best line to take on the river

i thought i was ahead and making a value thin bet and at the same time making a blocking bet

when my opp reshove all in

did i make the correct fold?

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
realy close spot do you think he could have played AQ or AK this way if hec cant then i guess its a call but really toguh spot

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey marvinstan

Interesting spot indeed but I think a fold is best. You say villain hasn't done anything crazy like this before and also if villain was to be bluffing here he would have to be a pretty sick 'good' educated player.

It's not impossible for villain to not have a flush and he could have hands like QJ/Q10, 89 is unlikely but maybe depending on the player type and I doubt he has J10 as he wouldn't be checking back the turn very often imo. I don't think AQ is reshoving all in with flush and straight possibilities out there and it's pretty hard for villain to have AK if he's any good which makes it hard for villain to have a hand that he's turning into a bluff.

I don't believe that villain would be educated enough as well as sick enough to pull off a big bluff in this spot so I like your fold, were definitely beat here more times than not.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Tyty chris your explanation helps a lot

Tyty ado for your inputs

Very much appreciated

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com