Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Premier Skill League Ticket!!

Old
Exclamation
Premier Skill League Ticket!! - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
In january i finish Open skill league #552 and the prior month i don't have 20 vpps....but i recive a ticket for Premier league!! Why ?? Only 500 from Open go to Premier!!! What happend??

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzziz View Post
In january i finish Open skill league #552 and the prior month i don't have 20 vpps....but i recive a ticket for Premier league!! Why ?? Only 500 from Open go to Premier!!! What happend??
Hi auzziz,

To get an answer to this you would need to email support@pokerschoolonline.com

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 AM
(#3)
I lost 3 open skill tournament...and frist i finish around 250!! How can send a ticket if i finish 552?!?! And did't have in december 20 vpps i have only 0.6 vpps!

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzziz View Post
I lost 3 open skill tournament...and frist i finish around 250!! How can send a ticket if i finish 552?!?! And did't have in december 20 vpps i have only 0.6 vpps!
Your qualification for February Premier League via the January Open Skill League would depends on the following.

You must have earned 20+VPPs in JANUARY

You must be in the TOP 500 Open Skill League players that all earned 20+VPPs in January.

So, assuming you did earn the 20VPPs in January, I would assume 52 of the players above you in the league placings for January did not get the necessary VPPs, and you therefore made the top 500 WITH 20VPPs in January.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#5)
Quote:
The Premier Skill League
The PokerSchool Premier Skill League is contested between the top 1,500 members* from the previous month's league leader board.

A 'Premier Skill League Ticket' will be awarded to the following league participants:
Top 800 finishers* in the Premier Skill League
Top 500 finishers* in the Open Skill League
Top 200 finishers** in the Premier Skill League Qualifier

700 members from the Premier Skill League that did not earn at least 20 VPP, or finished too low in the leader board, will not receive the new month's Premier League ticket, and will therefore only be able to compete in the Open Skill League or the Premier Skill League Qualifier during the month.

Her did't say TOP 500 Open Skill League players that all earned 20+VPPs!!

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r_skill_league

At the very bottom of the page linked above are the notes relating to the asterixes in the paragraph you quote, which have two additional qualifying notes

eg, fromthe paragraph you quote

Top 500 finishers* in the Open Skill League

followed by, at the bottom -

* Players are required to have earned at least 20 VPPs, and have played at least five tournaments in the league, during the month in order to be eligible for the next month's Premier League.

Hope this helps

Ed

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
I once finished 638 ?? or something like that and made the Premier. It depends how many above 500 didn't have 20 VPPs. Good luck in the Premier.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com