Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

My Journey through Limit PLO8, a sub blog

Old
My Journey through Limit PLO8, a sub blog - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi all,
Adrienne Rowsome aka Talonchick has posted a thread to help people in Limit PLO.

For anyone that knows me, they'll also know I love Limit games but I didn't have a clue about PLO8 until Adrienne started her thread. As a result I dabbled in a little 2c/4c game and I love it!

I've said before that NL poker has been thrashed to death. There are just too many semi decent and decent regs in the game that can eek out a small profit (me included). That was the reason I moved to Limit STTs, I was the shark in these and I was the reg to beat. I still like limit STTs but I found there were just too many decent players further up the stakes. That's fine for NL, you can just table select and avoid them but because the player pool is so small I found I couldn't avoid them at $3.50 games and upwards. It was only very late at night or very early in the morning I could sit at a table knowing I was the shark in these.

I've a very strict bankroll plan in these. I've $2 and that's it! But the nature of these means I don't think I'll go broke, in fact I'm confident in my own play and hopefully Talonchick and others tweaking my play, I can progress up the ranks and make a profit.

2c/4c is the lowest stakes you can play but the next stakes up is a big jump to 5c/10c. My plan is to make $10 profit and take a shot at this level. Not great bankrolling but I do want to move as quick as I can through this first level. If I go broke then it's challenge over but so far it's looking good. I made a whopping 4c profit in my first session and was going well in my current session until this happened:

Thoughts please anyone?

I did make one major mistake early on when I didn't realise you counted 8 high as part of your low pot. I won the hand but I could have eeked out another few cents.

Holdem Manager isn't recording these hands but the HUD is working in parts. I can glean some information from it but not a lot. I can't create a graph with it so I'll use the free nces create a graph site.

It doesn't look like much but lets see how that graph goes after a few sessions.

Wish me luck!

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
they can be profitable games mate - i played a few hundred KO stt,s nlo8 games last year for a 9% roi, and always wanted to go back to them.

All the best ImpactPoint.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com