Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hole cards shown in script

Old
Hole cards shown in script - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 06:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hello All,

Started about two weeks ago reading about Holdem, watching videos and trying to learn this fascinating game.

I've played in the play money games numerous times. On occasion I notice that my hole cards are displayed in script (Ex. A Pair of Kings) in the upper right hand corner near the "Return to Lobby" button. Is this a feature? Can all players see it? How do I turn it off?

Thanks,

dmishler

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 06:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi dmishler,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with the features and services available at PSO.

The script you are referring to, is there to advise new players as to what hands they have made as the game is played. It only appears in play money games and can only be seen by the player - no one else.
Hope this helps, and good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 07:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
This only appears in the play money games, It lets you know what you have.

For instance you might hold Ac Tc and the board comes Ad 2c 5h 7c 5c it will tell you, you have: pre flop Ace High, on the flop a pair of aces on the turn a pair of aces and on the river a flush Ace high

Now you might have only noticed that you had two pair Aces and Fives, as you might not have noticed the flush draw.

It helps with your learning curve.

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Joss, Bill,

Ahhhh, I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

dmishler

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com