Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Babkroll builder promotion!

Old
Babkroll builder promotion! - Sun Feb 03, 2013, 08:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Am I applied for promotion.

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 08:33 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
BUMP

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Lovric View Post
BUMP
Hi Denis,

Please wait, we will post back here when we know from PokerStars whether or not your account is eligible.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Am I applied for promotion.
Hi Denis Lovric,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
... - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hi!

Actually I am familiar with POKERSTARS client. Know how to use hand history, even converter to post some on this forum, BOOM, and stuff like that.

What is the next step!?

Old
... - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I have watched this video

Old
hi - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:43 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
some hand from 9man full ring play money tabkes... since i know i need to post something I am play them often... had 1M chips last year

Old
.. - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I was with CHEWME1 on sunday at live training session as he played sunday storm, and some other mtt midd.. which i cant remember.. played powerplay either...

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 03:43 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Denis Lovric!

The first thing that I would recommend is that whenever sitting at a cash table, to ALWAYS wait for the BB. Paying the extra blinds will be a large drain to my bankroll over time.

With K8s, I'd rather have waited and mucked, but since I'm already in for 2, I'll check and see the flop.

I flop top pair with a bad kicker and here, I need to make a bet for two reasons. First, for value for my top pair and secondly, to see where I'm at in the hand. While I'd like to bet less, due to the number of opps in the hand, I'm going to make a pot-sized value bet of 10 here.
I don't want to check here, because if my hand is the best right now, I want to make sure that the opps are getting the wrong odds to try to outdraw me. If I let them have the correct odds, then it's my own fault that I'd lose the hand.

The turn completes the straight and there is a bet and a call from the opps. Most likely at least one, if not both of them have a ten, so I'm going to fold on the turn.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 04:18 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I agree. But preflop raise means nothing on virtual money micro tables. They are donk calling station anyway so i dont bother about 1BB,

Owne more question in long term speaking is it good to fold
3bet when you are holding smal pocket pairs

Hero (MP+1 hold 3,3)
Villian on BB

Hero make 3BB standard raise
Villian make 9BB..

I speak about cash game, shortstack

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:04 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I was with CHEWME1 on sunday at live training session as he played sunday storm, and some other mtt midd.. which i cant remember.. played powerplay either...
Hi Denis,

Remember that this is a cash game promotion only so tournament hands will not count.

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hello - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:08 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Please read what I wrote. I 've passed all exept MTT quiz.. I 've play play money thees days ...

Please inform me that i ll get Buy In.

I am advanced in the steps you wrote... I' ve passes this quiz about month ago...

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:24 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I am advanced in the steps you wrote... I' ve passes this quiz about month ago...
Hi Denis,

Unfortunately doing the Bankroll Builder steps before you are asked only delays the process.

It will take 24 hours for our system to update this information.

Please check back tomorrow and we will advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 05:57 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I' ve passes this quiz about month ago...
Hi Denis Lovric,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hello recieve BI! - Thu Feb 07, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar

HUGE BADBEAT^^

Old
.. - Thu Feb 07, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
lost my stack

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 04:13 AM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

HUGE BADBEAT^^
Hi Denis Lovric

Preflop I actually suggest folding. You are paying 10 cents with a decent, but not great hand. There is a player still left to act after you who could re-raise. And, you are going to be out of position all hand. Limping would have been fine, but calling raises like this is going to be unprofitable in the long run.

As played, you got a great flop and getting all in was fine. However, the villain actually has about a 35% chance of making a full house or quads by the river. In other words, yes the odds did not go in your favor. But this is not a bad beat!

Also, I noticed that there were quite a few empty seats at the table. This makes it much more difficult to play. I suggest you stick to tables that are filled up. Yoiu can adjust the filter from the Holdem Lobby to onsly show tables with 8 players. That way you are always filling the ninth and final seat.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 04:18 AM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
lost my stack

Hi again Denis Lovric

Calling with 88 is fine since you are on th btn and will have postion. However, we need to be careful post flop. You will very likely get some overcards on the flop making it tough to play your pair.

On the flop, I would have bet if the villain checked to you. When he leads out things don't look to good. He is an early position raiser and may very well have a better pair.

If you knew the guy always c-bet, then calling can be ok if you intend on betting the turn if the villain checks. However, when the villain leads with another, this time larger, bet you need to fold.

Be careful about overplaying pairs, especially when you only have middle pair.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
lost my stack
Hi Denis Lovric,

Next Step

Next step is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

The next one available is on Saturday, February 9th and you can find it here:

Let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com