Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

EPT Deauville **Discussion Thread***

Old
EPT Deauville **Discussion Thread*** - Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
The France Poker Series Deauville Main Event has began kick-starting the European Poker Tour Deauville festival in earnest.

follow the event on PokerStars Blog here

You can watch the event via live stream starting today at PokerStars TV here: http://www.pokerstars.tv/

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Yes this is a great live stream.

I was watching yesterday. The commentators are fun and they invite guest pros to comment on the action.

It's a light production - meaning that there are no hole cards on a delayed feed. This is live show and there is a free roll to play along side if you wish.

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#3)
Day 2 resumes tomorrow 13:25 CET.

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Been loving the live stream, despite only being able to watch day 3 onwards on the android app.

Did unfortunately miss all but half an hours worth of the final table whilst they were 4 handed. didn't get back till all was said and done.

Loved Stapes' and Hartigan's commentary. Some what bummed that I never heard Stapes singing the 'agent Kalfond' theme. The jokes about him and Anzar of the hill people were definately the hightlights, commentary wise.

Bring on EPT London!

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 08:13 PM
(#5)
Yes it was great,

I thought the Special Agent Kalfond theme was hilarious.

Excellent contributions from the professional poker players and organisers.

Looking forward to the coverage of EPT London.

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
I thought this was really interesting. Seeing every hand at a feature table from the very early stages on day 1 through to the final table was new to me, and gave a great insight into how a major poker tournament runs. The commentary was generally entertaining and most of the guest pros analysis was good - especially as many were playing in the tourney, including the guy who bust in 8th place giving some analysis of the closing stages.

Plus I learnt some new poker terms - like 'Standatory'.

The French gaming rules were different, which confused me a bit, as reraises had to be double the bet they were following, so no min-reraises. The cards were face down throughout, which I think I prefer as it keeps the tension more than knowing what hole cards are held before the hand plays out. The bubble phases were really interesting, and the final table had a lot of action and would be well worth watching again when they upload it.

Looking forward to London EPT stream in March.

Ed

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com