Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Table chat tells

Old
Table chat tells - Mon Feb 04, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
- "I'm Allin, It's Bedtime!"

He has the goods. Call with the strongest hands only.

- "Let's Party!!!" (allin first hand of MTT or SNG)

He has the goods. Fold anything less than KK.

- "Next Time You Raise My Blind, You Are Allin!" or "Just Wait Until I Have a Hand, Sucker!"

He doesn't know how to combat your aggressive style, so rather than fighting you on the table, he is trying to scare you into changing the way you do business. Continue putting the heat on this guy until he proves he can play back.

- Idle chatter by the person in the Big Blind

This guy has nothing, as someone with a real hand will prepare themselves for their action, watching intently. Raise this blind at will with anything.

- Chatterbox Who gets quiet....all of a sudden

This guy may very well have the goods, use some of your time bank to see if he resumes chatting, and if not, proceed with caution.

- "You Guys Are a Bunch of Donkeyfish! I Haven't Won a Race All Day!!!"

He may as well wear a sign that says "I AM ON TILT!"

- "How Can You Play That Crap!"

This player plays the "right way".. and in his mind, the right way is weak-tight.

- A player who comments on a hand he wasn't involved in

...is paying attention to the game when he's not in a hand. Same player who gives his opinion is the old "professor" type. Chat this guy up, and tell him how super-awesome he is at poker and ask him if you did the right thing on several plays. He will proceed to drop his entire strategy in your lap.

- "Call me You Chicken!" or "It's Time For You to Fold!"

If an opponent is trying to influence your decision in the chatbox, whether he is trying to get you to call, raise or fold, he likely has the goods. A bluffer will not say anything in the chatbox for fear of giving someone a clue, and although you can't see it, a bluffer is silent behind the computer screen, frozen solid, and won't answer his wife's question until the hand is over, or breathe for that matter. He certainly isn't typing.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:31 AM
(#2)
plus 1

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
what about when they call people a fish or a donk, usually someone they've lost to. I find it so abusive

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 03:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
Nice one CHILLI! I love it........but what if i start playing your words backwards lol I now have a new strategy!............Damn i chatted too much and gave it away!
Evoke i reckon in poker being called a fish/donk by someone youve just beaten is the ultimate form of flattery! the player on the other side of the comment has just told you you made him lose his s*%t!lol
Take it easy or easily take it,
B.p

Old
Cool
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 12:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
Hahahaha i like the last one,

because when i bluff im just screaming to my mate on Skype

FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD !!

FOLD YOU DONKEY MONKEY FISH KIDDDDD

and when he eventually folds its a big relief & there is no-way im typing in
the chatbox so mabye i should start chatting in the middle of a bluff :P

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2012
nice post I'm always annoyed by the people who call others fish and donk, while they themselves are easily as fishy as the others on the table. Too bad most of the chatting is abusive language, and not people being very nice to each other.

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I know I'm only talking chip play and not cash, but another chat tell is the "ZZZZZZZZZZZZ."

The more Z's, the more impatient the player. I find slowing the play until the 14 second warning will drive such players into hasty calls or angry folds. Give these guys a "patience" or "wake up" whenever they do this will also anger them. When anger comes in, reason goes out. Love watching them self destruct.

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I know I'm only talking chip play and not cash, but another chat tell is the "ZZZZZZZZZZZZ."

The more Z's, the more impatient the player. I find slowing the play until the 14 second warning will drive such players into hasty calls or angry folds. Give these guys a "patience" or "wake up" whenever they do this will also anger them. When anger comes in, reason goes out. Love watching them self destruct.
Sometimes I'll delay just to tilt someone I believe is tiltable. And I also occasionally type in z's for the same reason.

It's quite effective most of the time, at least it was before Black Friday.

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
I think most of the lines in the OP have been accurately assessed by Chilli.

The "Zzzzz" one is tricky though. Sometimes, it's being typed by a 1-tabler, purely because he's bored by the slow action. Other times, he's typing "Zzzzz" because he has aces and just can't wait to hit the raise button.

Most of the time, someone chatting on Pokerstars is one of the weaker players, although I admit that I do some chatting from time to time. The solid regs and multitablers are usually far too busy to be chatting, and often don't even have the chat tab open. (Particularly in tournaments, I'm looking at the info tab, and completely ignoring chat, unless there's a bunch of speech bubbles, indicating someone is tilted, and another is trying to needle them further.)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Most of the time, someone chatting on Pokerstars is one of the weaker players, although I admit that I do some chatting from time to time. The solid regs and multitablers are usually far too busy to be chatting, and often don't even have the chat tab open. (Particularly in tournaments, I'm looking at the info tab, and completely ignoring chat, unless there's a bunch of speech bubbles, indicating someone is tilted, and another is trying to needle them further.)

Before Black Friday, the chat was a distinct giveaway as to what type of game you played. Players were most willing to chat in any freeroll or play chip game. Go to a cash table, and you may as well disable the chat function. Nobody ever talked. I could only play two non-cash tables because of chat, but without that distraction, I played four ring tables in cash.

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 05:27 PM
(#11)
ChromeStar
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztime to get he fly swatter out!!! Or really sit on the timer , so many peoples will lose it and tilt by being made to wait every hand, they seem to implode, I love it.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
I find timing out etc not worry me most time(zzzzz becomes zoom (i say in text in chatbox can tilt more as well), just when its a Time tournament can tilt me (the NZ big game, if they playin it like PSO Openleague )
u can know alot about player, like if u chat to player & no response u know they not very chatty, or got chat off, or focusing on game<> someting else , or aye Bot<> ,
(Chatin,this usally what BOT cant do)
Thee Cards Will Tell Thee Story not thee talk
All Thee Best

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 04:15 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2011
I guess I'll start paying attention to the chatbox from now on! for this post!

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2013
"It's 2 cards, not a book" lol

"you must be a half-wit, you're taking so long"

"quit wasting my time"

lol

right genius. you're already wasting your time playing poker on the internet for play-money. don't tell me I'm wasting your time. You're already doing it quite effectively. And now you want to engage me in chat responses to your whining? That whine might work on your mommy. Do you need a tissue? Hey, I have time for chat... and poker! I'm not the idiot who's playing a game he doesn't have time for. You are!

lol

oh, I could go on! but you get my drift.

yeah, the zees are a huge tell as to someone's poker experience and/or maturity level.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com