Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Live Training 4/2/13 low blinds sng 45 man

Old
Question
Live Training 4/2/13 low blinds sng 45 man - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
I was enjoying your live training session yesterday and thought I'd have a go myself at some sng, What I would like to know? that I have played these hands right and it's a case of? I can't win them all and it's standard play for the cards I have!

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

After a 3rd blow out, I thought it's not my day and got out abit lively!

Thanks TR1V1A

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved **

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#3)
Hi TR1V1A,

A couple of tough hands for you.

In the first hand we obviously can't fold here AKs is too good. But we are facing a 9x raise UTG. this is very likely a strong hand from a weak player. That does mean the range of strong hands is a little wider, but all probably play pretty well vs AKs and after putting in 9x they will never be folding.

If you are going to 3bet in this situation I think it should be allin. Anything else and we will be in a big bloated pot on the flop and if we miss the flop we are in no-mans land. I think we since we are closing the action a call behind is good see the flop if we don't hit a piece of it just check fold to a big bet on the flop.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#4)
In the 2nd hand with this many limpers we definately want to raise this hand to get value and try and thin the field.

60 chips here is way too small. 3x should be our standard raise size but we should increase it with each limper. Otherwise they will all just be getting great prices to call.

I think a better raise size would be 120. It's a little smaller than 3x + 1 for each limper, but I think 120 does the small as 140 and will just control the pot size a little bit.

Leading on the flop is tricky with this many opponents. I think a check raise allin would be better, I think it looks stronger like we could be slow playing a monster.

If we had raised larger preflop and only faced 1 or 2 players then I think cBetting on the flop is better.

Good Luck
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
With AKs, I'm actually folding because the open is ludicrously big and is nearly always QQ+. (I'm also an ubernit on the first orbit until I have a basic read on who the bad players are. If someone else wants to go busto on the first hand, then that's cool with me.)

With AQs, a bigger raise should get you heads up. Multiway, it's a tricky situation. You got a pretty good flop for you, but you don't really want to get raised if you c-bet, as the price of drawing may get too expensive. So you could either check-call if the price is right, or check-raise big, repping kings or aces. If you get it in and get called, then at worst you've got 25% equity (versus a set) and as much as 45% vs a hand like KJ or KT.

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#6)
Thankyou for your time and intuitive feedback, after reading your replies and replaying, it makes alot of sense.

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:53 AM
(#7)
Not SNG but $1.10 MTT, I bought in 2mins before re-buy finished and hit a diamond BigSlick, thought its either a re-buy or a nice first hand and restored faith in AK

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com