Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Hi,

I have recently joined PSO and I was wondering if I'm eligible for the Bankroll Builder Promotion since I have already passed the Poker Basics & Cash Game courses.

Thank you.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 12:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 01:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Semi-Bluff - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hi,

Today I entered the OSL for a bit of practice and tried some notions from the courses.

In this hand I tried a semi-bluff and I would like an opinion.

Thank you.

Last edited by mihaiturcu93; Wed Feb 06, 2013 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Hand Replay was incomplete.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Finished watching the live training courses

Thank you.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 11:40 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93!

Please play the tables that are specified. Once you obtain your first buy-in, if you play any other style of cash game (table or tournament) other than the 1/2 cent FULL RING tables, you will become ineligible for any further buy-ins.

I'll gladly go thru this hand for you, but you need to play the play money FULL RING tables and post a hand from there. Tournaments have a totally different strategy from cash games and the league tournaments are totally different from both.

In a league game, especially early, due to losing points for the monthly leaderboard and cash prizes, I do not want to play anything marginal. Q7s is a marginal-at-best hand, so I'm mucking it preflop from any position (unless I see a free flop from the BB). The only thing that matters in a league game is to last as long as possible and to do so, I need to conserve my chips and not give a single one of them away.

Also, when I do make my bets, I want to make standard bets. Preflop, with no previous raises, I want to bet 3BB+1BB for each limper. If there is a raise, I will raise to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-size raise.
Post-flop, I want to make my bets based on a % of the size of the pot and this will be determined by the number of opponents and the texture of the board. For raises, I will also raise to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar

In this kind of situation should I stick to the courses and fold with pocket Jacks or go all-in knowing that most of the players at the table are loose and sometimes a bit agressive?

PS: sorry but I think that those 2 players missing were all-in and lost.
PS2: why was I automatically in with 50 chips?

Thank you.

Last edited by mihaiturcu93; Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93!

The 50 was probably put there because you did not have the 'Wait for BB' box checked and a hand started.

With 2 limpers and JJ, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll bet 250.

I now get three shoves in front of me and here is where a read on the opps is going to be a key.
If the opps are playing extremely loose, then I'll call here and hope not to see a bunch of overcards.
If the opps are playing tight, then I'm mucking JJ here, as I'm facing multiple overcards to my pair, which dramatically lowers my hand equity and win %.

The overwhelming majority of the time, I'm not going to be up against three maniac players, so I'll muck... BUT... if I know all of them are maniacs, then I'll call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Firstly, thank you very much for the hands analysis

I have passed the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I recieved the 2-dollar buy-in thank you so much.

About the Bet Sizing Live Training I attended it along with the Getting Started one. Should I attend it again?

Thank you.

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 07:43 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Busted.

Last edited by mihaiturcu93; Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 07:46 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mihaiturcu93!

It's ok that you attended the training. It will count for you. However, before we can proceed to the next step, you'll need to post any hands that you had problems with or the hand that you lost the buy-in with, so that they can be analyzed for you. After those things happen, then we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 08:48 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar

Can't say if I should proceed in another manner. Premium suited connectors are worth it in my opinion.

Thank you.

Last edited by mihaiturcu93; Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 08:50 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com