Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

interesting spot

Old
interesting spot - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
its a 6 max hyper satty top 2 get the same ticket and 3 get 4c :P at first you think call then fol call fold really tough spot when you think about it icm wize because there is no diference between 1st and 2nd
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...803_075FD86B9A

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 08:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Spots like this are really annoying but in sattys it's very important not to risk your tournament life without the nuts essentially. Especially in spots like this with a very short stack. Only play pots where you are likely to bust the short stack and I wouldn't even call a shove like the one you showed with AA.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey adohole

Very close! I think folding will show a bigger profit in the long run but that's just an educated guess. If we call and win we have pretty much secured ourselves a victory but if we fold it's likely that Player 2 will be forced to go all in before we are anyway.

I think this is a close one because if player 2 doubles up then we will have similar stack sizes. With that being said, player 2 doesn't have much fold equity with just 4 bb's so it's very likely that he will be forced to go all in or call all in with a non premium hand which increases the chances of him being knocked out in 3rd place.

So overall I think folding is best because even if player 2 was to double up then we would have a similar stack size to him which is way better than being the short stack. AK is likely to be the best hand but there's a ton of hands in player 1's range that have plenty of equity against it.

Good hand, I would like to what a very solid hyper turbo reg would do. Cheers, Chris.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Ummm yuck spot, but I gotta agree with Chris. (Because second is first) if the shorty folds here, hes left with 3 blinds, and will very shortly be standing really wide to not blind out. You have 10 left if you fold, which in most scenarios will get your seat. I would rather shove king high into the shorty than call off the big stack shove.
I have to disagree with fadyen on calling with aces though..
Btw I'm not the solid HT reg Chis is referring to. Just an HT guy...

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I put this into an ICM calculator, which confirms AKo is an ICM fold if the villain is shoving an approximate range of 1/4th of starting hands. According to ICM the only profitable call here for us is with AA.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
ty dave i was 9 tabling and when i saw the exact stack sizes i was like o man i should have folded then started thinking and just got confuised :P. ty guys. but 1 thing i think he is shoving anything from 30-60% here

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com