Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Fixed Limit Hold'em Bankroll and How Much To Buy In (For The Serious Player)

Old
Fixed Limit Hold'em Bankroll and How Much To Buy In (For The Serious Player) - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 08:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Limit Hold'Em Full Ring Cash

Starting Bankroll should be 300 big bets or big blinds.

So if your playing full ring .05c/.10c you should have $30.

When you sit at a table you should always have enough to play a fully capped pot.

This should be 12 big bets or big blinds at all times.

So if your playing full ring .05c/.10c you should always have $1.20 in front of you.

On poker stars you can set it to automatically do this for you.

In the main lobby under the Options tab go to Auto-Buy-In (Ring Games)...
Then you can check mark the box that says Automatically buy-in at Fixed Limit tables, then type in 12 big bets.

After that go to In the main lobby under the Options tab go to Auto-Rebuy (Ring Games)...
Check mark the box that says Automatically Rebuy at Fixed Limit Tables, then click the circle that says if I fall under, type in 12 big bets.

By doing this you will always have enough to play a fully capped pot.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Feb 06, 2013 at 05:06 AM..

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
I wanted to update this after a reading more into it and playing alot of 6 max flhe.

I think if your gunna be seriouse about playing and playing lots of tables you should have a roll of atleast 600BB - 1000BB.

I think alot of what I read before was old stuff made years ago. Alot of the fixed limit games are harder to beat from what Ive been reading.

Also you can go on some really big swings from what I have seen from other peoples posts on various sites.

especially if your playing alot of tables because you cant really make perfect decisions

If anyone has any thoughts on this please feel free to post.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
if you keep being strickt with you br management you can go for 550bb but when you get higher uo the stakes 2/4 or 3/6 i would like to have 1000bb because the adges are small there gl gl playing flhe

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 03:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
sounds right

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi pokerstar671,

How is your challenge going, the one you mentioned on Skype a while back.

CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
I've moved away from FL for the time being but I think there is less variance in FL so requires a lesser bankroll. It's important you sit with enough to cap the betting on every street but you could get away with 10 buy in's for the lowest levels. Just being very aware of your total bankroll at all times and drop levels if you lose.

Edit 10 buy ins is approximately 150 BBs

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: added edit

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com