Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

Hey, Did You Get a 'Big Bang' Ticket?

Old
Hey, Did You Get a 'Big Bang' Ticket? - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
WhiteStar
Hey guys and gals,

How are you all doing?

This is my first post here in the Forum although I guess some of you have seen my blogs.

Each month I'll be awarding a small amount of tickets to the 'Big Bang' tournament to some lucky members.

I'll be awarding them to members who have written some great quality blog and forum posts during each month and for other contributions also.

So what do I mean by great? - Well, if you show that you've put a lot of thought and work into what you are posting about then that helps as effort will be rewarded. Photos and graphs are nice also to give it some bling!

Here's two example of posts that caught my eye lately.

These are nice posts and examples of the kind of thing I'm looking for. They're just examples though and you can put your own twist to your posts as individuality is always good

I'll spread these tickets around also so if you don't get one this month keep trying for the following Month.

I'll try and pop back on tomorrow with another 'Play My Hand' blog so leave a comment on those as you could get a ticket that way too.

If YOU get a 'Big Bang' ticket use this thread to let your fellow members know about it and let us know how you get on in the 'Big Bang' tourney. The first ones on this Saturday I believe.

If you got any questions about the promotion one of the Mods here will help you out and you can post your questions in the Big Bang Q&A Thread

See ya soon!

The Prof.

PSO Staff

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#2)
Hooray, I got my ticket!

I had just finished posting a reply on the Big Bang Q&A thread when it occurred to me to check my email, since we're now three days away from the first Big Bang... And there it was! Quite the rush, seeing that!

Thanks PSO! I can't wait for Saturday!

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CanuckMonkey; Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Fix broken image.

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
ok, now i know how i got that ticket into my account... thx!

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 07:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Professor View Post
Hey guys and gals,

How are you all doing?

This is my first post here in the Forum although I guess some of you have seen my blogs.

Each month I'll be awarding a small amount of tickets to the 'Big Bang' tournament to some lucky members.

I'll be awarding them to members who have written some great quality blog and forum posts during each month and for other contributions also.

So what do I mean by great? - Well, if you show that you've put a lot of thought and work into what you are posting about then that helps as effort will be rewarded. Photos and graphs are nice also to give it some bling!

Here's two example of posts that caught my eye lately.

These are nice posts and examples of the kind of thing I'm looking for. They're just examples though and you can put your own twist to your posts as individuality is always good

I'll spread these tickets around also so if you don't get one this month keep trying for the following Month.

I'll try and pop back on tomorrow with another 'Play My Hand' blog so leave a comment on those as you could get a ticket that way too.

If YOU get a 'Big Bang' ticket use this thread to let your fellow members know about it and let us know how you get on in the 'Big Bang' tourney. The first ones on this Saturday I believe.

If you got any questions about the promotion one of the Mods here will help you out and you can post your questions in the Big Bang Q&A Thread

See ya soon!

The Prof.

Very cool

And by the Way..........

For all those interested in me training/coaching any of you...

Please just follow my Poker Rule #1

hiccup.....thats all l got,

cheers all

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 08:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
hello PSO Professor Please make a way for those who have poor English. For example i can not make good thread and blog post because my english poor so i never can get this ticket and i can not play in open skill leagues because i play in premier league
thank you

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 03:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
Thanks Professor for the ticket!! I'll use it wisely

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#7)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Woot! Many thanks Prof! ^_^

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#8)
Pretty hard to participate when you don't play the Open League and that some of us can't subscribe to your blog because PSO support hasn't fixed the problem yet.

There are more people better deserving of those tickets than the 80 players already registered. Also if the Prof doesn't like someone, that person will never get a ticket, this will create favoritism. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to all those participating

PS. And no I'm not talking about myself because I rarely can play during the day, which is when the tournaments are schedule. If I was able to give my ticket or exchange it for T$, than I would care.

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 09:59 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Thank you so much Professor for the ticket!!

And congrats to everybody who got one too, either through a great showing in the Open League, or for making some cool posts here in the in the blog section or in the forum - I've really been enjoying reading all your stories/updates!!

Sandtrap, I was thinking for sure that you'd get a ticket eventually - but wasn't sure either of us would get one necessarily the first week? First off because DivorcedDuck's blog and Ov3rsight's forum post are fantastic! And second because ... was thinking it might be a bit like the Prodigal Son? You know that parable? lol I'm having trouble thinking of a better way to describe it ... like, maybe they might want to welcome and encourage people into the fold, be supportive of peoples' attempts to get into the habit of maintaining a poker goal thread, etc? Was that the whole gist of that story there? Something like that?

Your thread's great ... even though i haven't been posting in it, I've been checking in, since you do a great job of setting goals and achieving them, which isn't my strong suit. And to see your cool hands. Thanks for getting this whole goal thingie started on PSO ... I can feel it helping me develop more self-discipline and stuff already!

Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Feb 07, 2013 at 10:20 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 10:23 PM
(#10)
Thanks Sam, I really do appreciate your comments
Prodigal Son...lol, I do understand your point

I did mention to PSO, that if they wanted to attract traffic, they would need to organize some sort of tournament for forum users. I guess in a way, that's what they did. But in all honesty, they should get rid of that 3 game in a row, because most of them don't show up in forums nor blogs. They'll just take that ticket, enjoy it and take the money and run, we'll never see them here.

Besides, PSO is very generous with the money they give in the two leagues, they don't need to give extra incentives with another tournament.

Back to my goals...LOL and good luck Sam

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

There's also two things we need to remember about this.

1) The PSO Professor does not know any of the members here personally and rewards a ticket on merit and without bias each month.

2) Many members complained that players were getting rewarded in the Open League for using a sit-out / time bank strategy. It's very unlikely if not impossible to finish in the top 400 of an Open League game once doing this, never mind doing it three in a row. PokerStars are satisfied that to finish in the top 400 three times in a row is achievable but only with a lot of skill and a little luck along the way.

EvokeNZ achieved this in January and it looks like RunitThrice made the grade so far in February so these have proven that it can be done.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
nope - Fri Feb 08, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
hey, congrats for those who earned ticket for the big bang, is pretty hard but not impossible to finish in 400 three times in a row, but is posting and learning way to get a ticket, so is one chance on year to play a freeroll with 5k prize and 100 players... i hope to be on that tournament but is unlikely, anyway pokerstars and pokerschool are the best sites and platforms, they help us to learn poker, to be on the right direction, in time we can be good players.

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2010
Just took a look at the Big Bang Tourney lobby.

I like the tournament structure - and the pay-outs are looking really good.

Those that earnt a ticket for this first run are getting a great chance of a really worthwhile bonus. I suspect the field will grow over the months, as more PSOers become aware of the promo and try harder to qualify - but I think this will be a great value promo for all at PSO - after all, there is another $5k per month being offered up for free - for the rest of this year.

I hope it will encourage more PSO members to take on the OSL games as well, as the more members those tourneys attract the better they will be.

For myself, I still only managed 1 sub-400 in a row this month - but I did earn a cent for my 75th place finish.

I am wondering how much of an edge you need to make the top 4% of 3 consecutive 10,000 player MTTs - when you think of it like that it does seem like a hard ask - but as b0bbythefish is proving this month, you can do it AND compete at the very top of the Open Skill League leaderboard too.

Good luck all - hope to rail the tourney tomorrow

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Just took a look at the Big Bang Tourney lobby.

I like the tournament structure - and the pay-outs are looking really good.

Those that earnt a ticket for this first run are getting a great chance of a really worthwhile bonus. I suspect the field will grow over the months, as more PSOers become aware of the promo and try harder to qualify - but I think this will be a great value promo for all at PSO - after all, there is another $5k per month being offered up for free - for the rest of this year.

I hope it will encourage more PSO members to take on the OSL games as well, as the more members those tourneys attract the better they will be.

For myself, I still only managed 1 sub-400 in a row this month - but I did earn a cent for my 75th place finish.

I am wondering how much of an edge you need to make the top 4% of 3 consecutive 10,000 player MTTs - when you think of it like that it does seem like a hard ask - but as b0bbythefish is proving this month, you can do it AND compete at the very top of the Open Skill League leaderboard too.

Good luck all - hope to rail the tourney tomorrow

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

agree ed......hiccup,

I myself do not play the open.....doing the prim. thing,

But I do hope and think that this may improve play in the open..

well...hoping...hiccup

and wtg bobby

cheers all

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2011
My honest feelings on this is where as it great you offer incentives/money/tickets the root of the problem is the league struture allowing sitting out to benefit

So you use a bandaid to mask the first problem

This is a school so when i went to school if i sat out i wouldnt benefit

Since the site was rewritten/improved(yes a little bit of sarcasm here) I have also stopped using the forum..when i say also I looked at the league once way back and thought nope not for me

So due to the poor structure of the league rewarding sitters and the poor "new website" ..inc the small font forums I have no chance of gaining a ticket

Oh just while im on my soapbox...please please please can you fix the trianing tool someone...it used to be 75% good but now only 45% imho since the rewrite

The school has a number of brilliant trainers yet they dont have the correct tools to do their job !

I maight be flamed for this post and people will always have counter arguments but this is my true thoughts on the subject at hand

PS in bad mood just been to dentist and I havent checked my mail so maybe I got a ticket although I somehow doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi,

2) Many members complained that players were getting rewarded in the Open League for using a sit-out / time bank strategy. It's very unlikely if not impossible to finish in the top 400 of an Open League game once doing this, never mind doing it three in a row. PokerStars are satisfied that to finish in the top 400 three times in a row is achievable but only with a lot of skill and a little luck along the way.

Raiser

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#16)
Since: May 2012
Thanks for the Big Bang Ticket PSO Professor I'm looking forard to the tournament. Hope I can take it down, or at least make the money

Comgrats to everyone else who won a ticket, see you tomorrow evening!

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
Follow up

I may actually probably did come across as a little harsh dang nerve in tooth i blame

But hope they do fix up everything

Oh didnt realsie it tomorro anyways good luck to all those who lucky /skillful enough to get a ticket(no sarcasm here either)

ps i love th ebig bang theory veyr funny tv

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 07:22 PM
(#18)
Rolo, I emailed the support and asked them to include some of the standard VB features into the forums and they said they're working on it. So maybe it'll change for the better soon. I think someone just got a bit overzealous with customising the defaults, but the software itself is good.

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2011
gl guys show the power of pso

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

From what I can see the top PSO finisher was Mkenyahalisi who just finished 11th for a nice $80.

Good job!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com