Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

From (Zero to Leader) PSL

Old
From (Zero to Leader) PSL - Wed Feb 06, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
I am quite a new player to poker, just starting about 2 months ago. And I started playing the Poker Skill League Free Rolls to see how I did. The first month, before learning any poker skills, I always busted out very early most of the time and the closest I have ever gotten to was 5000 out of 10000 which wasn't bad and I found myself proud of that...

But my drive to becoming the top 2000 on the poker skill league made me learn more about the game and to learn through videos and live training sessions from PokerStars and now I do thank you guys.

Now it's February and my second month attempting to be one of the leaders on the PSL. So far I am rank 538 made past the bubble stage plenty of times. The closest I got was near 100 finish only to be beat with my AK to a pocket deuces. A couple of times, cards didn't come my way early on and i got killed by the blinds... my stack was dwindling and so I had to make a stand by shoving all in, but unsuccessful those times. Worst finish was about 6000 out of 10000.

I am still learning but going from busting out very early a month ago, and making past the bubble a couple times this month already is a task accomplished by me.

**What I have learned that maybe some of you newcomers can learn is to play very tight early in the game and never call an all in preflop unless you have pocket A or K. Play slow and steady and stay calm.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com