Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Heads up disaster (1)

Old
Heads up disaster (1) - Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Ok, so we're heads up in a $1.50 9man. So far my record is nice, I have lost only 1 showdown. Then we get to this hand...

Is this just one for bad luck or should I be putting him on a King anytime in this hand?

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Heads up you can be playing such a wide range of hands. The villain does raise your open but again we're heads up and he may just be trying to be aggressive although I would put him on some fairly decent holding. With 2 kings on the flop however it's so hard for him to have the case kings. I don't think there was much you could do here, just a cooler imo.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Just Unlucky
I would double him up every time.

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I agree, I don't see any reasonable way to get away from this one other than possibly preflop, but that would depend on how aggressive this villain has been. If he's passive I think we should fold to the 3b pre as a passive guy's reraising range will have us smashed. If he's aggro, calling in position is ok and this flop I'm not getting away from for 30bb stacks.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com