Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Heads up disaster (2)

Old
Heads up disaster (2) - Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
And the very next hand:

I hit the pair, which I thought was good most the time. Overplaying or another chunk of bad luck?

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd check the turn for pot control. You have some showdown value, so try and get there cheaply.

The only hands you're beating on the turn are unpaired Broadways like JT and AJ.
If villain has a 3 or a K, you're value-cutting yourself. He's also unikely to call two streets with a worse Q after calling your raise pre-flop.

The river jam looks terribad from here. Are you expecting to get called by worse? He folds all his missed draws, and calls with everything better than QJ. He's certainly never folding a boat, which is his most likely holding after he called the first two barrels.

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Well, I don't like the preflop reraise at all personally. If we are going to 3b preflop as a resteal I prefer to make a real 3b, not a min-raise as this just begs the villain to call and play with the positional advantage. I would not resteal here regardless though, as we are likely to have less fold equity than normal... considering we just got coolered the last hand and doubled him up, when we 3b now his first thought has got to be that we could be tilting. I would probably just fold Q7o out of position as any involvment might look like tilt, but if we do see a flop I prefer to just call, and proceed when we hit something, since we figure to need to show him something now with the tilt image.

As played check the turn is probably preferable to me, and check/fold the river, both spots are meh but we sort of did it to ourselves with the preflop action.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Figured as much

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com