Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

can i continue with 1 pair

Old
can i continue with 1 pair - Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Villain is mostly an unknown so reads are from a 10 hand sample,

Yet so far I would guess the villain will get a light blue color for MANIAC involved in a lot of hands and when he is not folding for love nor money.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
If he is as loose/aggro as you say, this is an easy stack off on the flop. Maniacs tend to overvalue top pair horribly. I'm fist-pump value-shoving and praying he has AJ-QJ and not JJ, which naturally he will show up with sometimes, because even maniacs have a real hand occasionally.

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:34 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Hey Grade b,

3b is too small imo... if the guy is so wild I'm hitting it to like .70c here. Let's make sure we isolate him and get more money in the pot.... don't worry about losing him, he'll call (at least).

As to the question of folding on the flop, no chance I would every consider it vs this type of villain on such a safe board, especially with a low stack to pot ratio. I agree with Arty that a maniac's raises don't mean much and he'll be doing this with all kinds of worse hands. Sometimes he'll flip up a set or 42s even, most of the time we're ahead here even when he stacks the rest of the way off. Not going to be surprised if he's got QJ and is just doing his thing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#4)
ty both,

Had not really conciered making the raise size bigger, but now that you have suggested it Dave, it makes perfect sense, I'll be looking out for a spot to try it out next time.

(mind you he hit second pair on the flop and we got all the money in there)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com