Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

sunday storm early stage pocket set

Old
sunday storm early stage pocket set - Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

how do i guess 25 there...when 3k chip went in i had beaten.is there any way to get away

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Most times it's better to play things simple. If you have a hand then bet it. Just re-raise that flop and you will know how you stand. You will win less chips but not give the donkeys a chance to hit.

Keep the fancy play for later in the game when you know players like this are out of the game (well most of them).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd raise the flop to charge flush draws and get value from Kx.
As played, I'm calling the river. Villain raised pre-flop (albeit a minraise from a monster stack), so 75 and 52 are unlikely holdings.

The actual result is sickening.

Anyone that says they'd fold second set on this board, with this action, is a liar.

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey a1379,

I think flat calling preflop in position is fine here with our stack size, it's the play I would prefer to make.

On the flop I would raise immediately. The preflop raiser is making a pretty large c-bet into 2 players... granted it's the storm and you will see all kinds of bad plays, but none the less this should be a real hand (mostly strong 1 pair hands or flush draws). Raise this to about 1000 and get it in to any 3b imo, if the preflop raiser has exactly KK then he's getting my stack.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com