Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My bankroll Builder

Old
Cool
My bankroll Builder - Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi, I am new at pokerschool,

How can I start this promo?

Thanks

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario7904x View Post
Hi, I am new at pokerschool,

How can I start this promo?

Thanks
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#4)
I am not sure about this hand.
The re-raise pre-flop.

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x!

With A7s on the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are 2 limpers, I'll raise to 2+3 or 5BB, which is to 10 chips.

I then get min-raised and since I'm in position, I'll call the raise to 14.

The flop totally misses me, but when both opps check, unless they are calling stations that won't fold (in which case I'd check behind and see the turn for free), I will make a 2/3 pot c-bet here (31 chips). My plan for the hand if someone calls or raises is to fold to a raise and if someone calls, I won't put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves.

The turn and river are total misses for me, so I will check both streets.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you have attended the live training session, so that we can then move onto the next step.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#6)
Thank you for your analisys, It heped me a lot.
I attended the live training and passed the quiz.

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x!

Please do not try to jump ahead and do something... it'll only make this process much longer.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Once you have passed this quiz and attended the live training, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#8)
I am Sorry John, I have attended this session on 20 Feb and completed this quiz yesterday.
I am really excited with this promotion.

Thanks

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 AM
(#10)
Hi,

I received the buy-in but I have lost it
I have already attended this session.

Thanks

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#11)
Hi Guys, can I continue at the promotion?

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#12)

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi Mario7904x

Did you have a spesific read on the villain in this hand? I ask because K8o is a pretty weak starting hand, even with position. You are basically making a steal raise which is more or less a bluff. This can be fine if the blinds are overly tight. However, if the blinds are tight AND call your raise, then you can safely assume they have a better starting hand than you do. Personally, I would have just folded K8o preflop. I don't normally play hands like this because they make for difficult post flop play. Often you can flop a pair, but lose to a better kicker.

As played, without a read, I put the sb on a pretty wide range. You flopped top pair and have position on the sb. He leads with a somewhat small bet. Had he bet more, I might be worried about an overpair. The small bet looks like a steal with a missed hand or a semi-bluff if he is drawing to a flush or straight. I would like a read on the villain to know how best to procede.

Raising as you did can be ok. However, I suggest making a standard 3x raise. Make it 18 cents rather than 20. There is no need to risk more than necessary. Your hand is decent with top pair, but it is not strong enough to warrant building the pot more than necessary. Plenty of overcards can come on the next two streets. Another option would have been to flat call the bet with the intention of betting/raising the turn if it was not a club.

As played, when the villain calls your flop raise, I would get concerned. His line looks very strong. Moreover, it does not look like he intends on folding. You might be ahead, but I would not recommend risking your entire stack on top pair with a marginal kicker. The turn pairs the board and adds an additional flush draw in diamonds. I am pretty careful, and probably would have folded to the turn bet. This spot is very unclear and the pot is getting big.

I would like to hear what your read in this spot was. Since you raised all in and had the best hand. You were a bit unlucky on the river unfortunately. The villain played poorly with a weak hand. I hope you made a note on him. This is the type of player you can take advantage of in the future.

Once again, yes, you were ahead all the way to the river. However, in general, I would suggest trying to keep the pot small (pot control) when you have hands with showdown value, but are not that strong. I like to have a set or better before risking my entire stack.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables
Roland GTX

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 09:41 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#15)
Hi, I have attended the session and passed the quiz.
It was very cool.

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mario7904x!

Congrats on passing the quiz. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hours. That's why I put in to post here when you have completed them, as I need to go into our system and do a couple things, so that the buy-in is released.

If you are able to earn 10VPP's after you receive this buy-in, the final two will be released. Please let us know if you are able to get this and if you lose the buy-in, please let us know that too and we'll move onto the next step.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#17)
Hi, I have lost the buy-in

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#18)
Hi, am I able to continue this promotion and get another buy-in?

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 07:48 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hi, am I able to continue this promotion and get another buy-in?
Hi Mario7904x!

The hands will be analyzed for you within 24 hrs, so that you can learn from them. Then we'll move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 03:34 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi, I have lost the buy-in

Hi Mario7904x!

First hand Q2s: This hand is just too weak to play in this spot. Actually, it is too weak to play in nearly all spots. Calling a 5x preflop raise will just cost you money. You need to ask yourself, what are you hoping to flop? If you flop a Q you may be outkicked. You have no straight possibilities and you will not be drawing to the nut flush. Moreover, you are very short stacked at this point with a 13 bb stack. With such a short stack, your best bet is would have been to move all in. Reraising may give you some fold equity. Perhaps winning the hand preflop or at least getting one of the villains to fold. As I mentioned in the previous post, try to stick to good starting hands. They are more profitable AND make postflop play a bit easier.

Second hand KQs: This is a decent starting hand. Limping behind with suited connectors can be ok, but works best from latter position.

As played, you get a great flop. You have 9 outs to a flush and the 3 non-club 10s will give you a straight. Plus, any K or Q might be good as well. Personally, I would have raised the flop to 12 cents, because you have such a strong draw. Calling is safe and fine though. The problem with calling is that it pretty much tells the villain that you are chasing a draw. Calling the turn is fine, you still have plenty of outs.

On the river, you have missed both the straight and flush draws, but got top pair. I suggest checking down the hand. Your hand has showdown value, but is not that strong. The villain could have a flush, a straight, a set, two pair beating you. Normally, in spots like this, only the hands beating you will call a river raise. Thus you are not likely to get more value out of the hand if you are ahead. Worse, a strong hand might be trying to induce a bet from you so that they can check-raise. Your hand is not strong enough to call a reraise here. So, by betting you risk getting pushed out of the hand. Check it down on the river and hope your top pair is good.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com