Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Rpgpro Bankroll Builder

Old
Rpgpro Bankroll Builder - Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
hi, i wanted to get more information on the bankroll builder.
also ive already passes the poker basic course and cash game and just now noticed that bankroll builder thing.

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#3)
well i have already seen the getting started before and i have a hand here which is not a play money but in the PSO league:

i decided to shove all in pretty early in the tournament because i noticed this player is pretty loose.

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#4)

got another intresting hand wasnt sure if my bets amounts was right and if the all in wasnt too risky and right thing to do?

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:03 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

The instructions in this promotion need to be followed exactly. Playing any game other than the one specified after you receive the first buy-in will disqualify you from earning any future buy-ins.

Please play the play money FULL RING tables and post a hand that you had a problem with in this thread. We cannot go forward until you do.

The reason for this is that a cash ring game has totally different strategy than a cash toruney and they're both totally different than a league game.

In a league game, I'm concerned only about 1 thing and one thing only... to last as long as possible in order to accumulate as many league points as I can for the end of the month payouts. To do this, I'm not worried about my stack size and do not want to play anything marginal. I also do not want to be all-in unless I'm sure that I'll have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. Early exits when my cards are not AA nor KK when all of the chips are in pre-flop, is not something that I want to do, as they will be a big problem for my monthly score.

With 66 in the BB facing a raise, I'm mucking here. At best, I'm in a race and could also be easily dominated by a larger pair. I also do not have enough chips to setmine, so calling is out of the question for me (need at least 15BB). In this situation, I'm mucking all mid/low pairs and the only way that I'd shove over the opp is with AA or KK.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
(#6)
ok im sorry for not following the correct instructions from now on i will, heres a hand not sure i did fine:

Last edited by rpgpro; Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 08:06 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#7)
... bump?

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

With KK, I see a number of limps, then a short stack shove in front of me. I absolutely like the re-shove here and will do so every time here. I want to try to be up against only one opp, as KK (or any other hand for that matter) play much better against fewer opponents.

Very well played!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#9)
ok nice, so i also watched the getting started session, am i up for the next stage?

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#11)
ok i have already completed this quiz before.

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#13)
well i made use of this money to make so really really nice profit (made it 5$) here are some hand not sure about them:

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgpro View Post
well i made use of this money to make so really really nice profit (made it 5$) here are some hand not sure about them:

Hi,

In general don't limp first into the pot, raise or fold. Here with A8 in the under the gun position, I would fold in full ring without reads.

On the flop, bet bigger. You can make it very hard for someone without a king to call, but you have to make a real bet to do it. A min bet of 1/5th the pot won't cut it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:

In this hand I think AJ is ok to open in middle position and 3x is a good standard raise size. Your flop bet sizing is too small again though, only 1/4th the pot gives the opponent correct odds to call you on a draw, and doesn't garner enough value from worse made hands either (in particular KJ/QJ/J/J9 which will all call a much bigger bet).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
In this hand I like your action. Against a couple limpers raising punishes their weak limping ranges and AT rates to be ahead of them most of the time anyway. Their likely limp/call ranges includes a lot of small pairs which will fold to a continuation bet on the flop when they miss, allowing you to take it down whether or not you improve a fair bit (assuming your bet sizing is bigger for continuation betting then previous hands).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
(#17)
so... am i up for the next step? btw after i played and posted a few full ring 0.1/0.2$ NLHE can i try now other things with my money i made?

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 05:01 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

You need to keep playing with this buy-in at ONLY the 1/2 cent FULL RING tables until you either obtain 10VPP's or that you lose the buy-in. Playing any other type of cash table or tournament will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:04 PM
(#19)
i wont be able to make any cash in or just your buy-in bonuses?

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rpgpro!

You can earn four buy-ins thru this promotion, but you must only play the 1/2 cent FULL RING cash tables ONLY. If you play other games, you will make yourself ineligible for any further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com