Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Limuas

Old
Bankroll Builder Limuas - Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
WhiteStar
Hi,

I want to take advantage of this program. Let me know how to go about this.

Limuas

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#3)
WhiteStar
Any live training will do or there is some specific training that I need to attend.

Limuas

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Just to add I have registered for this one:

Statistical Sleuth: dysiclawl 10NL FR this Sat

Limuas

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 02:07 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
JWK24,

Wanted your views on both these hands. The first one though I won I am not sure I played it right. It was too many chips behind a bad hand and situation. Let me know.

The second one with pair of queens, wanted to know if the reraise pre flop was the right play.

Limuas

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by limuas View Post
Just to add I have registered for this one:

Statistical Sleuth: dysiclawl 10NL FR this Sat

Limuas
Hi Limuas!

That one will not work. It specifically has to be Getting Started. While other trainings are good to go to, they will not count for this promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Tue Feb 12, 2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Limuas!

It's better to be playing at full tables if you can, that way you don't have to pay the blinds as often.

With KQ on the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With no limpers, I'll raise to 60.
The bigstack opp now makes an abnormally large raise to 620. while KQ is a hand with potential, I'm not going to call this raise and will muck. I want to get my chips in against a player like this when I have the best hand, so that they can double me up. If it was AK or AQ, I'd re-raise and shove preflop, but with only KQ, I'll muck and look for a better situation. I also do not want to call this bet because even if I did hit a K or Q on the flop, I have no clue whether I'm ahead or behind.

With QQ, I'm also going to make a standard raise (3BB+1BB for each limper). With 3 limpers, I'll raise to 6BB or 120.
The hand now turns into poker bingo?! If this was a tourney, I'd have mucked, but if it is a loose cash table, I'm going to go with my category 1 hand and shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#8)
WhiteStar
Thanks JWK24 for the hand analysis. It will go a long way in helping me get better at the game.

On the Getting Started Training, I have registered one for Sat but these live trainings are not in my time zone and I have browsed this site myself and am aware of how it works and the stuff it has.

Can an alternate training or course be suggested instead, unless it is absolute necessary to attend that one.

I continue to practice playing and will continue to post challenging hands.

Limuas.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas!

Since the training doesn't work for your timezone, please watch a recorded one of it here.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#10)
WhiteStar
Thanks,

The recording of the training was useful and I watched it. I have been playing and did post my challenging hands too.

Let me know what next or am I already eligible for the first bankroll.

Limuas

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:33 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Hi John,

I cleared the assessment. Please credit my first buy in.

Limuas

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#13)
WhiteStar
John,

How do you think I played this hand. It was a flop which could be bluffed by the opponent and the bet size was also reflecting that. With that do you think I played this incorrectly.

Limuas

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#14)
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by limuas View Post
Hi John,

I cleared the assessment. Please credit my first buy in.

Limuas
John,

I did not get a reply to this. Do let me when will the first credit happen.

Limuas

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas!

With KJs from the cutoff, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 1000.

I miss the flop completely and an opp makes a large overbet. I'm going to fold here, as many opps will be playing any A, so if they have an A or a 6, my hand is crushed.

Bluffing at the micro stakes tables or the play money tables is not going to work very well, as there are too many opponents that will call with anything.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 03:45 PM
(#17)
WhiteStar
Hi John,

I have attended the bet sizing live training. Was Good. Can I get my second buy in.

I also received the first buy in and played in the 1/2c full ring games with not much luck. Slow played with KK and got sucked by the river. And then the problem hands took the rest: KJs and K10s. AQs also did not help me as the opponent had AKo

It was a very tight table and players only strutted their premium hands. Any tips on how to select the tables and what is good for beginners.

Limuas

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi limuas!

There are other things that are required to obtain the next buy-in. The first of which is to post the hand/hands that you lost the previous buy-in, so that those hands can be evaluated for you.

Playing any other type of cash tourney or cash table will make you ineligible for all future buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
(#19)
WhiteStar
John,

Here are some of the hands that I lost my first buy in to.

Request evaluation.

Limuas

Last edited by limuas; Sun Feb 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Wrong link

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#20)
WhiteStar
John,

The hands that I lost my first buy in to. Request evaluation.

Limuas

Last edited by limuas; Sun Feb 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Some how 5 hands dont go in a group link

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com