Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

MYSTRE asked me to post

Old
MYSTRE asked me to post - Wed Nov 20, 2002, 07:35 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Mark please print the following in Forum

Last Saturday I made the final table of a no limit hold em game. We got down to four players and at this point "Wild Bill41"one of the four (I can't remember the other two players, but they know who they are) noticed either one or bothe of the other players were not on line. So he started to press "time hoping they would get back on. He did this for a while then asked me if I would take over while he had a smoke. I said sure and I did. Let me at this point say I am not a typist nor comfortable with computers nor do I chat or get involved in that side of the game. My contribution to that side would be tks lol and gg. I like to concentrate on the game and keep my hand on the mouse the only thing I have a computer for is to play poker--------anyway I continued to press "time" , until the other one or two players got back on line (still don't know if one or both players were off) and we began to play. Now here is the rub, when Bill said he was having a smoke I didn't think or know he was leaving the table, therefore when the others came back, I thought the game was back on, as did the other players, who also didn,t know Bill had left the table. At this time I think I was chip leader but it was very close between Bill and I, the other two were way down and I thought Bill was letting me take them out. It wasn,t until an observer came on the chat side and said "wait for Bill he,s not back" that any of us knew he was not playing. By this time I think we were down to two players, maybe three. Anyway I gave up two pots to Bill, his big blinds, then bet a minimum to see if he was there or not, at which time he was and he started in on me!---------I could not understand what he thought I had done (I do now) but I knew he thought I had waited for him to leave (I didn,t know he was gone) and tried to steal the game. That never was and never would be the case. Anyway at that point with the way he was ranting and raving I gave him the win in two hands .

I have no agenda ----- I am not in a league, that I know of---------I have no reason and it would be stupid If I wanted to continue playing poker on line , to do that which I am accused of, and those that know me know iI wouldn,t. I feel that I am a good and honest player and will continue to play. I apologise to Bill for the misunderstanding for that is what it was .......If the chat and gme records are kept the facts can be reviewed. I would suggest, that there be instituted a way of players knowing when another player has been knocked off line and a rule made to give the player time , without loss of chips, to get back in the game.

Bill I have no hard feelings, please accept my side of the story.....LOL MYSTRE

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
It is my understanding that several people were watching this final table. Would any of those people care to state whether this is an accurate version of what transpired?

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 09:35 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
I've played with Mystre and have no complaints. I was puzzled by the original post and hoped Mystre would respond. Now that he has posted a reasonable explanation let's all just get along. :lol:

Den

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 10:25 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
First and foremost...complete your profile Mystre!!!

Second: I was a witness to this occasion, and it was obvious from where I sat, that you definitely DID NOT call time when you were being told to.

However, this thin line of doubt must be taken in consideration and we must go on and get along. As crazy gets sometimes, we still must respect our fellow students and keep showing good examples for all.

Third: If I am wrong, I will be the first to apologize.

With that said, LETS PLAY POKER!!!

RESPECTFULLY
CHANTED

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 05:13 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
i was there watching the table, as zipman was broadcasting the event on fancast. mystre had agrred to hit time while bill was, and when the hand came to mystre, he timed down to 8 seconds, hit time once!, and then when at 14seconds, i think, he proceeded to raise. and he kept raising and took down the next 7 hands in a row, at 18 or 21k a piece in blinds and antes. that gave him a substantial chip lead, and i had typed in the chat as did zipman, to wait for bill, after that was typed in, he raised 4 more hands, then buill came back and it all started. from an observer's point of view, he went for the win. i could be wrong, but that is not what it looked like to me, he was moving fast. you can check the log for that event, i am sure it is all still there.

jmuzzey

Old
Re: MYSTRE asked me to post - Wed Nov 20, 2002, 05:25 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK
--------anyway I continued to press "time" , until the other one or two players got back on line (still don't know if one or both players were off) and we began to play. Now here is the rub, when Bill said he was having a smoke I didn't think or know he was leaving the table, therefore when the others came back, I thought the game was back on, as did the other players, who also didn,t know Bill had left the table. At this time I think I was chip leader but it was very close between Bill and I, the other two were way down and I thought Bill was letting me take them out. It wasn,t until an observer came on the chat side and said "wait for Bill he,s not back" that any of us knew he was not playing. By this time I think we were down to two players, maybe three. Anyway I gave up two pots to Bill, his big blinds, then bet a minimum to see if he was there or not, at which time he was and he started in on me.....LOL MYSTRE
Not the way it happened at all. First, according to the eyewitnesses in chat, ONE of the 2 disconnected people came back, and that was only momentarily. Second, I was away from the puter for 3 min. during which time you had raised and won between 15-20 pots. This does not leave a whole lot of time for pressing time.
Third, I won 0 pots between leaving and returning (according to the results log in the chat box) again, it showed somewhere between 15-20 lines of "mystre wins 15,000" along with 6-8 examples of zipman and jmuzzey saying "Call Time!" "he's not back" etc.

So, your story is somewhat lacking in the truth department. But, there are far more important things in this world to worry about than an on-line tourney for fake money. I will stop calling you names, in public anyway.

And another hint. You say (and I believe you) that you are not very computer savvy. Signing your post with "LOL" was almost the most insulting thing you did. Perhaps you meant "lot's of luck" but in common usage it means "laughing out loud" and is this really the slant you wanted on your (factually challanged) explanation/apology?

Bill

Old
timing to help connection prob - Wed Nov 20, 2002, 05:49 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I'm sorry I've been away for a month at Deer Camp.

Let me get this str8: We expect players to keep hitting the time button when we voluntarily leave the table.

I fully agree that timing for players who are disconnected is a reasonable assumption (1) as long as it is reasonable amount of time and (2) there is some indication to show there is a system problem.

I know that many of us have requested short breaks to be added to the structure, but that has not been put in the tournament structure.

I often take my breaks from the game to take phone calls, get food or drinks, or releif breaks and occassionally tilt breaks.

I hope we never get to the point of playing buddy poker and timing out so buddies can take breaks from the games.

A voluntary move away from the table is just another decision of the player to surrender those hands.

Bill's only complaint should be with the player that looks back when he looks in the mirror

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 05:56 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
buschman, the problem was not that bill wanted a personall favor, it was the fact that two players timed out 4 handed. bill was hitting time, and asked mystre, if while they are still gone, he could take over the hitting time till they return while he goes and smokes. mystre said sure, no problem. so bill was under the assumption that he could leave the table for 2 minutes without losing any chips. if mystre would have said "no", then bill would have stuck around and played. that is where this all started...........

jmuzzey

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2002, 02:06 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
I cannot solve this problem, but we are working on limiting the amount of times a player can call time in any one event.

On top of this we are nearly ready with putting breaks into events. That's the best I can do. In the meantime I have to say that everyone is responsible for their hands and chips. This is the same in real life.

I will never be able to ensure a player stays connected at all times. That is the nature of the internet I am afraid.

We are still implimenting new functionality in the software and soon we will begin working on optimizing the software for both Memory usage and connectivity.

Mark

Old
Re: timing to help connection prob - Thu Nov 21, 2002, 11:59 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschman
I'm sorry I've been away for a month at Deer Camp.
Ok I'll bite...

What is Deer Camp and why does it take a month?

Old
Deer camp - Thu Nov 21, 2002, 12:24 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
ATCO Hunting club in Charleston SC. It's a 700 mile drive and I have a second home in Summerville, SC 40 miles from the camp so I can commute and sleep in a confortable bed

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2002, 12:57 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
I thought it was called Beer Camp. :?

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2002, 01:05 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Did you get any deer?

mmmmmm....deer stew.....mmmmmmm :wink:

Old
Deer (or Beer) Camp - Thu Nov 21, 2002, 04:52 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
At my camp we only have beer when we're not hunting (anytime we aren't on the stand) :P

My luck at deer hunting has been like my poker results lately :idea:

I thought I had bagged two deer on Saturday Nov. 9, 2002.

Both were down and I was going over to haul them to the butcher shed on the club. :lol:

Put my gun down and climbed down from the stand. Then I had a bad beat of a river card. 8O

Both deer jumped up and ran off. I could find no blood trail. All I can figure is they were tired and lay down for a short rest. When they heard me coming through the bushes the wasn't tired anymore.
:wink:
I appoligize for not put'n this report under the correct heading and promise not to tell another bad beat story [until the next time] :!:

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2002, 02:37 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Now that's funny.... :lol: :lol: 8O

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com