Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

I want to Build my Bankroll!!!

Old
I want to Build my Bankroll!!! - Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
Hi there,

My name is Fabio Peres and I would like to participate at the Bankroll Builder Programme!

For this, I've already completed the Poker Basics Course and I've passed the QUIZ. And just for you to know, I've done the same thing in the STTs and MTTs Courses.

For now, I'm in progress in the Cash Games Course.

I hope I am eligible!!!

Thanks and I wait to hear from you soon!

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGP View Post
Hi there,

My name is Fabio Peres and I would like to participate at the Bankroll Builder Programme!

For this, I've already completed the Poker Basics Course and I've passed the QUIZ. And just for you to know, I've done the same thing in the STTs and MTTs Courses.

For now, I'm in progress in the Cash Games Course.

I hope I am eligible!!!

Thanks and I wait to hear from you soon!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 07:54 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]Hi there,
Hi FPGP,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser, it's done. I've watched.

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, it's done. I've watched.
Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand play feedback - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:50 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Dear Raiser,

I observed the image of this table as very loose-aggressive. Even though I'm holding a category 5 hand (AJo), I entered the pot making the standard raise of 4BBs, after that I was put in all-in and I called by the confidence of my dealt hand. At the end, I've lost. So, can you see what did I mess up?

Thanks!

Old
Erratum - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Dear Raiser,

I observed the image of this table as very loose-aggressive. Even though I'm holding a category 5 hand (AJo), I entered the pot making the standard raise of 4BBs, after that I was put in all-in and I called by the confidence of my dealt hand. At the end, I've lost. So, can you see what did I mess up?

Thanks!

Sorry Raiser, just now I realized that in this hand was missing a seat. At the begining when I entered the table it was full. But even though I would like a feedback if you can. Thanks!

Old
Full Ring Game: hand analyze. - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:07 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

Dear Raiser, finally I got a hand that was full-table and of course, I lost a lot of chips.

The image of the table was the same I've described earlier: loose-aggressive. Although I was in middle position and holding a category 8 hand (K9o) I thought my hand was strong enough by the image and behavior of the opponents and I decided to enter the pot with the standard raise (4BBs + 1BB for 1 limper). I was 3-betted and I called for the pot odds and for the implied odds. The flop came and I made top par with a nice kicker. But by the flop-betting-round I became much pot-committed and I called all-in in the hope to make a trips or two pairs. Have I done wrong to lay down my hopes on these possibilities? And what else did I messed up?

Thanks!

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FPGP!

With K9o from MP1, I'm going to muck this preflop. It's a marginal hand and I'm most likely going to be out of position, which is a big disadvantage. Due to this, I'm going to look for a better spot.

If I did play the hand, I'd make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10.

There is then two calls, a 3-bet to 52 and a call of the 3-bet. With a marginal hand, if I didn't already muck, I'm going to muck here as K9o is not a strong enough hand for me to call a 3-bet with.

The key in this hand is to muck marginal hands, especially to a large raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi FPGP!

With K9o from MP1, I'm going to muck this preflop. It's a marginal hand and I'm most likely going to be out of position, which is a big disadvantage. Due to this, I'm going to look for a better spot.

If I did play the hand, I'd make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10.

There is then two calls, a 3-bet to 52 and a call of the 3-bet. With a marginal hand, if I didn't already muck, I'm going to muck here as K9o is not a strong enough hand for me to call a 3-bet with.

The key in this hand is to muck marginal hands, especially to a large raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
Thanks John, I entirely agree with you and your feedback helped me a lot to reaffirm the concept that I have of the game. And normaly in this position with this hand I would fold immediatly, but this table was so loose-aggressive, so loose-aggressive, the opponents were playing with all kind of trash that I felt confident to move on. Besides I was motivated to make this move by the fact that it was a play money game. So now, I can assure you that in a serious game I would never play this hand in any Middle Position. Thanks, Fabio.

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
I have already taken the Paker Basics Course and pessed the quiz. - Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser
Dear Raiser, I'd had already taken the Poker Basics Course and had passed the quiz.

And I would like to kill a doubt: if in the middle of a hand a seat become empty, do I must leave the table and look for another full one?

Thanks!

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Dear Raiser, I'd had already taken the Poker Basics Course and had passed the quiz.

And I would like to kill a doubt: if in the middle of a hand a seat become empty, do I must leave the table and look for another full one?

Thanks!
Hi FPGP,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com