Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom Nl2 6-max is K high flush strong enough

Old
Zoom Nl2 6-max is K high flush strong enough - Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
I know I went wrong in this hand
Can you please point out bad things in my play...

Old
Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

With the empty seats it doesn't look like Zoom. But in cash heads up and pretty deep stacked I can't see any problem pre flop.

OK to c-bet with 3 flush cards on the board with your K high flush.

It's just on the turn I prefer to bet it and if I get raised consider folding.

Just my thoughts let's see what the hand analysers think.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi KKN,

It's not zoom. First advice: Don't play heads up deep stacked with no reads until you're further along with your game.

Preflop and flop are standard. I don't mind checking behind on the turn to induce, or ensure you get 1 street of value from worse hands on the river.

When he does this massive overbet shove I would never call him. This just screams monster hoping you have a big 2nd best hand you can't lay down. Big river bets are usually value until you see other wise. We have to win ~ 49% of the time here to break even on a call. Which means basically you only have a bluff catcher. Will he be bluffing here 50% of the time? The answer is no, unless he's a complete idiot... even then probably not. If he wanted to bluff at it he could bet like .25c-.30c and accomplish the same thing without putting $5.67 at risk.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
It's just on the turn I prefer to bet it and if I get raised consider folding.
I think HU our line should adjust based on the opponent. If he's aggressive then we probably don't want to bet as it's a nice board to bluff raise us and unless we're prepared to play a bigger pot with him here that might get ugly. If he's passive, I definitely prefer betting and folding to a raise. If he's tight, probably checking to induce on the river makes sense as he won't call with too many worse hands on the turn but will pay off the river (or bet it himself) lighter if we checked the turn through.

When in doubt, at 2nl I'm probably betting for value HU on the turn more often than not, but I don't think it's so easy to fold the 2nd nuts HU if we get raised so without the reads we didn't get from KKN it's a sticky spot imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi!

Yes, You are right, it was not Zoom. My fault.
I was on tilt yesterday after this hand. I could not believe I could play this hand in such manner as I did.
Thank You for your comments! I appreciate it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com