Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hey, I'm marcotezz and would like to build my own bankroll builder.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#3)
I've watched the session and here is a hand that I played

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

With JJ, especially since I'm in the BB so I'm out of position, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limpers, I'll raise to 8BB or 1600.

I see a 4-way flop that is about as bad as it can get for my hand with two overs, a flush and a straight draw. When the first opp checks, since any of them could easily have an A or a K, I'm going to check. The last opp then makes a very abnormally small bet of 400 that is called by the SB. While I'm easily behind, the pot odds are too good to fold here, so I'll call. When betting after the flop, I want to size my bets in relation to the pot size.

The turn gives me a straight, flush and royal flush draw. When the SB checks, I'll once again check for pot control as I have a number of draws but I don't have a made hand. The last opp makes another abnormally small bet here that this time is raised by the SB. This raise is normally going to be from either a straight or a flush, which my hand cannot currently beat and in all but one case, I'd be drawing only to chop the pot. Due to this, I'm going to muck to the SB's raise to 3600.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#6)
hey, I've taken the basic assessment course here.

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#8)
I really wanted to fold this hand, It was kind of pretty clear for me that I was beaten.

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 04:05 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by macortezz View Post
I really wanted to fold this hand, It was kind of pretty clear for me that I was beaten.
HI macortezz

Tough spot! Preflop, completing is fine. You flop a set, but the board is connected. I would not suggest slowplaying here. Either opponent may have an A and be drawing for a straight. I would have bet 5 cents. I would have bet every street for value.

As played, the when the villain moves all in there are only two possible hands beating you. QQ and A4. Most people would not limp utg with A4o. I don't like the situation, but I think this is a spot where you have to pay the villain off. They will often enough have an overpair to the board to make this profitable in the long run. I would have called here too.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:04 PM
(#10)
Hi, thanks very much for the analysis, I watched the last bet sizing. What do I do now ?

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:10 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

Please keep playing with the buy-in until you are able to earn 10VPP's or lose the buy-in. If you lose it, please post the hand where it happens here in the thread.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 AM
(#12)
But in the above hand here i lost my buy -in, i have nothing left, and haven't received the second one

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

We don't know if you bought into a table with your whole bankroll, so that doesn't tell us if you've lost it all or not.

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:59 PM
(#14)
Okay, i I am going to see that one. Let me ask something about the pot sized raise. How do i calculate how much i have to raise and how much i have to raise to. Might you answer me that please ?And when should i use it?

Last edited by macortezz; Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:32 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

The post-flop bet sizes are going to vary for the flop/turn/river based on the number of opponents and the texture of the board. Everyone uses a bit different style of betting these, so there isn't really a hard rule on what to do.

The one thing that I try not to do is to bet less than 1/2 pot and the reason for it is that if I'm up against one opp, a 1/2 pot bet will give the opp the wrong odds to draw to a flush or straight. If I'm up against more opps, I'll need to bet more. A full pot bet will price out as many opps as possible, but it still may not give everyone the wrong odds to draw to beat me, which is something that I want to do when I know I'm ahead.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#16)
HI
Thanks very much for your reply and your support, I might be watching the live session by tomorrow and I'll let you know as fast as possible. Thanks very much

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#17)
hey, I watched the last Cash game session and have already passed the quiz

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi macortezz!

Congrats on passing the quiz. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within 24 hours. That's why I put in to post here when you have completed them, as I need to go into our system and do a couple things, so that the buy-in is released.

If you are able to earn 10VPP's after you receive this buy-in, the final two will be released. Please let us know if you are able to get this and if you lose the buy-in, please let us know that too and we'll move onto the next step.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#19)
here is as hand that I have played

and here is another one

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by macortezz View Post
here is as hand that I have played

and here is another one
Hi macortezz

Before we look at your hands, I want to mention something else. Please only play 9 man full ring tables for the rest of the bankroll builder promotion. You might lose your elligability if you keep playing 6 Max. Moreover, 6-max involves a lot more post flop reading abilities, semi-bluffing etc. Full ring will be easier while you are learnin the fundamentals.

First hand 99: Preflop, I suggest betting a bit less. The standard bet size would be 3x pluse 1x for each limper. So, make it 8 cents rather than 12. By betting large, you may create a situation where you get value owned. This means it is most likely that all the hands you are beating fold while all the hands beating you stay in the hand. Moreover, medium pairs are tough to play post flop since overcards usually come. You dont want to invest more than necessary if you may be forced to fold on a later street.

AS played, you got a decent flop with the open ended draw. Betting the flop was fine.

On the turn you make your straight. I suggest betting less than you did. Most players would fold to such a large bet which costs you value. I would have bet about 70% of the pot. This is a value bet, but gives you the option to reevaluate on the river if the board pairs or another club comes. This will give you a degree of pot control on the river. Notice that yes the villain got lucky, but he did have 10 outs.

Second hand 88: Preflop looks good, but again watch your bet sizing on the flop. You run a high risk of getting value owned by betting so large. Normally only the hands beating you will call, while all the hands you are beating will fold.

You got a good result this time, but in the long run large overbets like this will cost you value.

Nice pot

GL and have fun at the tables! Remember to only play full ring.

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com