Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Wednesday Game - Final Hand

Old
Wednesday Game - Final Hand - Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
What is wrong here?

discuss

Ed

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
You need to include some reads

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:44 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
You are defending the button with a wide range?

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Umm, nothing's wrong?

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
I disagree that nothing's wrong. Depending on reads something might be wrong.

V9 is stacking off way to light post flop UNLESS Hero is a maniac. Normally V9 is never good here. (If Hero is a maniac then V9 should seriously consider 4-betting preflop planning to get it in vs. a 5b).

Hero should never be isolating with pure garbage if V9 is normally this sticky to pots, they should isolate a wider range of value hands and dump all garbage.

IF the reads are that V9 is a tight player normally and Hero is a maniac, then it all looks pretty standard.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
thinking the wrong hand was posted......hiccup,

title says final hand, and ed is still in the game,

cheers

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
What is wrong here?

discuss

Ed

Hmmm.what's wrong?

Uh,ASSUMING that you're the Hero here Ed...

...you were fresh out of Macallan Fine Oak as the hand was being dealt?

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:15 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
thinking the wrong hand was posted......hiccup,

title says final hand, and ed is still in the game,

cheers

Well,if you follow my line of reasoning in post #7 it could have been the final hand for Ed.

hiccup...

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:51 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
I don't see anything wrong here except Ed's initial raise. I'd need a pretty solid read to raise T3o. Post flop there's no way villain can put you on a three, so all the chips are always going in, I think.

To tell the truth, Ed, I gotta feel for your villain.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar010 View Post
You need to include some reads
It was 3am here when I posted - but here are my reads having reviewed the hand in my PT3

Villain 9 - solid reg - TAGgy stats of 19/18 over 85 hands in this session. As we are deep stacked I expect they will open raise from this position with mostly PPs, high value cards and suited connectors.

The small blind is another dangerous player, also TAGish stats of about 22/16 from this session, so I am hoping they will not defend the SB.

BB is an unkown - looser stats of 36/29

The 'hero' or 'maniac?'is indeed me - and I had tried this 3-bet line, in position, from the cut-off successfully in a previous hand, when the villain said they folded a smaller pp preflop (may have said 44)

eg

This was a 'cash game' at one of the play money tables in the live training 'wednesday game' - (so it plays much better/more standard than any other play money tableon stars)

ED

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I disagree that nothing's wrong. Depending on reads something might be wrong.

V9 is stacking off way to light post flop UNLESS Hero is a maniac. Normally V9 is never good here. (If Hero is a maniac then V9 should seriously consider 4-betting preflop planning to get it in vs. a 5b).
#

Quote:
Hero should never be isolating with pure garbage if V9 is normally this sticky to pots, they should isolate a wider range of value hands and dump all garbage.
meh that´s nonsense. if villain is a tag fish, which you assumed, he will play very honest on a 3bet. he calls with with his middle range (88,99,TT,JJ,ATs,AJs,AJo,AQo,AQs) and 4bet the prems. given by the fact that he will have also a folding range (22-77,A9s,KQo,KJs+,QJs,JTs) i´m sure heros 3bet is profit. I wouldn´t 3bet any2 in a full ring cash game but 20% of 3betting is definitely profit in this spot. in a tournament you don´t have the time to w8 for the hands. there are times you have to go for the spot. so any2 isn´t the problem here.

what could and should be discussed is the table image related to the table dynamics.

Quote:
IF the reads are that V9 is a tight player normally and Hero is a maniac, then it all looks pretty standard.
#

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
I don't see anything wrong here except Ed's initial raise. I'd need a pretty solid read to raise T3o. Post flop there's no way villain can put you on a three, so all the chips are always going in, I think.
so what´s your plan to play a tag fish? the 3bet is immediate profit against that kind of players in position and your cards doesn´t matter here. sometimes you get called but even with any two you have against a fairly wide calling range very often 40% of equity so it works out well, especially when villain is dumb enough to stack you that light.

@ed nice hand

however i´m not sure if you did this for the right reasons and based on your last post i´m in doubt if you understood the tabledynamics properly.

Last edited by DivorcedDuck; Thu Feb 14, 2013 at 04:25 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 05:16 PM
(#12)
OK, Reveal time

I am the Villan

This hand is taken a little out on context here in isolation.

My read on EdinFreeman at the time was normally plays a pretty TAG game, but was definately opening up his game during the last hour with me and was competing postflop aggressively.

Had 3bet me preflop several times as he mentioned and also reraised my Cbets on flop and turn 3 times.

I decided not to 4bet preflop and was intending to reraise his cBet.

So we see the flop which is very good for my hand and EdinFreeman makes the cBet. Which is where the levelling steps up a gear. I told Ed he was going to get his own medicine (Boy was I wrong haha) and I reraised his cBet as intended. Ed then came back over the top. I think the style of the play between us, the fact it's the last hand, my comment making it sound like I was doing it as a positional play rather than based on my holdings, meant he could be 3betting a much lighter than usual here. So I said we can just get it in and moved in, folding would have been a bit anticlimactic for class

I think the hand may well have played out fairly similarly if Ed was holding T4 instead of T3.

Well played Ed. Good Fun

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ahar010; Thu Feb 14, 2013 at 05:19 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com