Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 6-max Hyper-Turbo on the bubble call with any 2 not Q2o?

Old
$1.50 6-max Hyper-Turbo on the bubble call with any 2 not Q2o? - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:20 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Believing in the maths and to call with any 2 cards?

A hyper bubble is scary to lose 3 blinds out of 11 behind sitting in the bb.

Also as the chip leader do you want to mess up now? At least I have a >>Q-rag<<

Wow result and I have a few more chips to take it down. The any 2 cards does work sometimes.

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ForrestFive!

The key here is to see if the hand has more equity than the equity that we have to put into the pot to call.

To call is 262 chips into a pot that will be 860 (30.5%). I now go to pokerstove to see if Q2o has this much equity and also to see where it's a breakeven play.

The opp here, only having less than 4BB should be shoving a really wide range. Q2o has 30% equity against a top 20% range. Therefore, if the opp would be playing a wider range than 20%, it's a call. If their range is tighter than 20%, it's a fold.

With the range that a less than 4BB player should be playing, I'm calling this all day long.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com