Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Ahoy69´¨s bankroll builder

Old
Ahoy69´¨s bankroll builder - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi there,

I just started two days ago with PSO training, played in a couple of play money matches and some of your open skill tournaments. The basic course helped a lot refreshing my memory on the insides of the game and I have recently passed the basics end quiz. I want to take this a step further and I was wondering if i am eligible for the bankroll promotion and additional training.

looking forward for your reply

cheers

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahoy6969 View Post
Hi there,

I just started two days ago with PSO training, played in a couple of play money matches and some of your open skill tournaments. The basic course helped a lot refreshing my memory on the insides of the game and I have recently passed the basics end quiz. I want to take this a step further and I was wondering if i am eligible for the bankroll promotion and additional training.

looking forward for your reply

cheers
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ahoy6969,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013

was it just bad luck or was it because i didn´t take his final raise too seriously..?

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ahoy6969!

With AJ (or any other hand that I want to raise with), I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there is one limper, I'll raise to 80. By keeping my bet sizes standard, it helps to conceal the strength of my hand.

I see a 3-way flop that totally misses me. When the first opp checks, I'm going to make a c-bet of 2/3 pot (340). I don't want to be betting less on the flop than I did preflop, because it says to the opponents that I had a strong hand preflop that is now a weak hand.

The turn is both good and bad. I have top pair, but there is a possible made flush. I'd normally bet another 2/3 pot, but since this is most of my stack, I'm going to shove.

The keys here are to not bet less on the flop than preflop if I'm going to make a bet. By doing so, if the opp did have hearts, they are getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me, which is something I want to avoid if possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

Please also let me know when you have attended the training session (or if the times of it don't work for you).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com