Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi,

I am interested in the Bankroll Builder promotion. I have registered onto PokerSchoolOnline and Pokerstars. Can I please get more info on how this works?

Thanks,
kev9964

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev9964 View Post
Hi,

I am interested in the Bankroll Builder promotion. I have registered onto PokerSchoolOnline and Pokerstars. Can I please get more info on how this works?

Thanks,
kev9964
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kev9964,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#4)
Hi,

I have registered onto tomorrow's getting started live training sessions, at 15:00 EST. Will post when finished.

Thanks for all the help,
kev9964

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#5)
Just finished my Getting Started training session, and I also attended the Bet Sizing session. What's the next step for me?

Last edited by kev9964; Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 05:03 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kev9964!

Per post 3 of this thread, please play the play money FULL RING (9 player) tables and post a hand that you had problems with. This way you will be familiar with the hand replayer and can get some help with being able to play the hands better.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 02:12 AM
(#7)

Not sure about whether I should've kept going with this one, or the odds against me.

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kev9964!

With JJ from the SB, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper the majority of the time. With two limpers, I'll raise to 100. The situation where I would just call is if the BB was known to be very aggressive.

The flop is three undercards with a spade flush draw. I'm going to lead out here, as I most likely have the best hand and will bet 3/4 the size of the pot (60). I don't want to bet less than this, as it can give the opponents the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

The same thing on the turn. Since I most likely have the best hand still and there are still 3 opps in the hand, I'll bet 3/4 the size of the pot. The same thing for my reasoning on the bet size. I want to bet enough that I can get value from the opps, but not give them the correct odds to outdraw me.

The river now brings four to a striaght. This type of board is always going to be a red-flag for one or two pairs, as only 1 card is needed for a straight. I'm going to check here and fold to any sizable bet by the opponents. They should only be doing this with a straight and I cannot beat anyone with a 5.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kev9964!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#10)
I've passed the Poker Basics quiz, can I get my first buy-in now?

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kev9964!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
(#12)
Hi,
I have received the buy-in, and I attended the Bet Sizing session about a week or 2 ago, when I attended my Getting Started session.

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 10:51 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Hi,
I have received the buy-in, and I attended the Bet Sizing session about a week or 2 ago, when I attended my Getting Started session.
Bump.

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Kev9964!

Have you played the tables with the buy-in? if so, what happened? If you lost the buy-in, please post the hands that you had problems with and lost it with in this thread.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 11:37 PM
(#15)
I've been doing pretty good, up to about $4 now. Been playing on the 0.01/0.02 full rings like you said. Here's a hand where I doubled my chips on the table:

I was trying to bluff him out in the early rounds, but it turned out I had a better hand. (He was close to a straight though)

Last edited by kev9964; Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I've been doing pretty good, up to about $4 now. Been playing on the 0.01/0.02 full rings like you said. Here's a hand where I doubled my chips on the table:

I was trying to bluff him out in the early rounds, but it turned out I had a better hand. (He was close to a straight though)
Hi kev9964

I am happy to hear you are winning and doing well. Keep it up!

Personally, I am not thrilled with this hand. Firstly, at 2NL players make enough mistakes on their own that pure bluffs arent necessary. Moreover, many players at 2NL just dont fold, even though they are beat. This is great when you have a hand, because you get great value from them. It is bad for bluffing, because you will normally actaully have to win at showdown.

In this hand, you are in postion, but have a very weak hand. The cards are low, unsuited and not connected. Most importantly though, there are several players already in the hand. Bluffing, like c-betting, works best against a single player because it is easier to get one villain to fold compared to two or three opponents. This spot worked out great for you though.

Be aware though, you went to the showdown. So everyone at the table got to see that you raised preflop with 102o. In other words they got to see that you ran a bluff. This can effect the way they play against you in latter hands. This is not necessarily bad, but be aware of your own table image.

Nice pot

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 10:37 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi kev9964

Personally, I am not thrilled with this hand. Firstly, at 2NL players make enough mistakes on their own that pure bluffs arent necessary. Moreover, many players at 2NL just dont fold, even though they are beat. This is great when you have a hand, because you get great value from them. It is bad for bluffing, because you will normally actaully have to win at showdown.
Most of the games I've played on NLHE, everyone except 2-3 people fold pre-flop, and the table sees the river about 10% of the time. Been picking up a lot of small 5 cent pots by raising small, to $0.06 and watching everyone fold pre-flop. (winning the big blind and the small blind)

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#18)
I played really bad yesterday, but I remember that when I logged off I had around $1.20 left and today I only have 44c!
Not sure what happened, but here are 2 of my hands where I tried to bluff/call a possible bluff and failed:

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I played really bad yesterday, but I remember that when I logged off I had around $1.20 left and today I only have 44c!
Not sure what happened, but here are 2 of my hands where I tried to bluff/call a possible bluff and failed:

Hi kev9964

First hand 34o: Playing this hand and in this way is definately going to cost you money in the long run. 34o has very little potential to flop big and even less postiental to win at showdown. I strongly suggest just folding weak hands. Moreover, you are in early postion. The earlier your position the stronger your starting hand needs to be. Finally, regardless of the cards you are holding. Anytime you are the first to enter a pot, do so with a standard raise. This will conceal the strength of your hand and make your post flop play easier. It also has the added benefit of perhaps winning the hand preflop if everyone folds.

Second hand A2s: As with the hand above, I think A2s is too weak to play from this positon. Regardless, if you are going to play, I suggest making a standard raise to 6 cents. Raising to 4 is just asking for a string of callers. As played, the flop contains cards that are in the range of the villains AND they are showing strength by betting. I strongly recommend just folding on the flop.

In general, aggression is good. However, you won't be able to win every hand. So, we have to learn when to be aggressive and when to just cut our losses and fold.

I hope this helps!

Regarding your bankroll, I have never heard of a mistake with an account. I suggest you check your hand histories to determine how much you have won or lost if you are unsure.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#20)
Probably my mistake then with my bankroll. I need another buy-in to play now because the minimum buy-in is 80c and I only have 44c. Also whats the next step for me?

Last edited by kev9964; Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 07:28 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com