Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Categorizing players

Old
Categorizing players - Fri Feb 15, 2013, 02:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
How much do you need to see from a player to make a final verdict on what kind of player they are and how you should play against them ?

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Another "it depends" question. To get a read on someone you must see them in a variety of situations. . Someone who is active you will get a read on sooner than on a tight player. Someone who consistently plays the same is easier to read than one with a variety of tools. The looser, less skilled players require a fraction of the hands that a tight skilled player does.

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#3)
for me the answer is between 1 hand and 1000 hands.

I have seen a player raise from early position, bet the flop turn and stack off on the river with K5 offsuit, having made a pair of kings on the flop.

This player is labeled by me as Loose Aggressive although i have to say I don't expect to come across them for long as I guess they will blow their bankroll soon.

I prefer to have over 50 hands before i make a tentative label something I will review and ajust as I come across them again and again.

When I have over 1000 hands on a player I am fair happier that I can reliably label them.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#4)
for a preflop tendency 100 hands. for a postflop tendency 500 hands and for tendencies about 3betting at least 1.5k hands. that´s also the volume after which i make a review of the player when making my session reviews. with more than 5k hands of a villain i start to dig really deep. below that limits i stick to notes and experience for the final decision.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com