http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...616_DFE6C975E6

hand no2
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...643_07A7B732AF

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
congratulations, you proofed how passive play is busting the roll.

stop that check-call **deleted inappropriate language JWK24**, stop that curiosity river calling. work on your positional play and on the understanding of ranges. and tbh. i suggest to move down a limit or two as long as you don´t have plugged that huge leaks.

hand 1
fold pre without a read on players to your left. as played correct line is bet/fold on each street. the small 3bets are "en vogue" recently. they are either small pockets or prems. best it to 4bet/fold small, half pot is fine and profit.

hand 2
no set no bet is a good rule of thump when playing for set value. as you had an overpair to the flop i suggest to raise villains cbet and fold to a reraise. if you get called i would go on with bet/fold.

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 03:25 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:50 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohole View Post
its zoom so i dont have no reeds on anybody

hand no1
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...616_DFE6C975E6
Hi ad,

In this hand I would be tempted to just fold preflop or to 4 bet his min-3b (and fold to a 5-bet). A9o is very difficult to play well out of position without the initiative. As played when we flop this I think it's preferable to lead out, and would be ok folding to a raise as the villain would rate to have at least an overpair to raise us here, or a big draw, our equity vs. that range is bad and we're still out of position.

As played, I am definitely folding to the turn barrel, I think check-calling down is too optimistic for this hand strength.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
In this hand we have no reads but the villain is playing an awkward stack size so probably not a winning player (you could also check to see how many tables he's playing, stop with the no reads business ). Still I think it's prudent to flat his EP open as opposed to 3-betting with 99, flatting is pretty standard here.

I don't really like raising the flop much, as we tend to fold out hands we're beating and only get action from hands beating us, so I tend to call here. I would float in position with some draws and some air as well though so this gives me a nice balanced range (although balance isn't important in 10NL vs. randoms). When the guy fires the 2nd barrel it's ok to fold when readless, and on the 3rd barrel definitely ok to fold... not a lot of players are 3 barrel bluffing AK high here as they have some showdown value. Obviously he could have weaker but without reads opening in EP and barreling 3 streets is typically value, and we don't beat any of that value range.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:47 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivorcedDuck View Post
**deleted inappropriate language JWK24**
i have to apology for the usage of that rude wording. my intention was to make sure op understands that playing that passive is really the opposite of good play. it was ment in a helpful manner. please understand that it was never my intention to offend someone and i feel sorry about that.

so i have to apologize to everyone who felt offended by usage of that word especially i have to apologize to 'adohole'.

i wish you all good luck at the felts!

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey guys thanks for the feedback. i havent been playing much cash lately so im going to watch some vids and read some articles :P 10nl should not be to hard to beat

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com