Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL - 2pair on monotone board

Old
5NL - 2pair on monotone board - Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi guys,

I think there might be more made hands in villains range than TP + FD kind of hands?

I donk bet, flop for value against TP and FDs and I get min-raised. What do you make out of this?

Villain 32/4/3 (only 28 hands)

. Fold?
. Call?
. Re-raise/Fold? or Re-raise/get it in?

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 05:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi geo,

It's fine to fold directly to his raise. The minimal stats indicate loose-passive and his stack size and open limp don't do anything to dissuade us from that read, so when he raises us here I don't think it's profitable to continue vs his range. We're destroyed by flushes, AQ, A6, 66 and I would expect him to be fairly strong here quite often. If he had a draw loose-passives usually call with it. The read is spurious enough that we don't know for sure with this villain. But even against a hand like KhJs we're only 56%. There's basically nothing we're destroying equity wise here, and plenty of possible hands destroying us... just fold.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com