Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Do I qualify for the promotion?

I've booked 2 live sessions for today named "Cash Basics"& "The Saturday Game".

I also have a quick question regarding my replay right here did I make the right move at the last turn?
I mean Player CARIBANA had a set of 3's if I did't have gotten lucky at the end with a flush I've would loose quite some money.
I also did a calculation that the chance of a same suited card would show up would be 16% anyways I got lucky I suppose.

Heres the replay:

Last edited by HentaiDesu; Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesu View Post
Do I qualify for the promotion?
Hi HentaiDesu,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Remember though that you will need to do the steps after you are asked and not before as doing them before delays our system.

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#4)
I've watched it and I understood everything.

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've watched it and I understood everything.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

I have moved your hand from the Hubble Freeroll tournament into the 'Tournament Hand Analysis' sestion.

You can find this >>HERE<<

Remember that the Bankroll Builder promotion is a CASH GAME promotion only so tournament hands do not count for this promotion.

To continue on with your bankroll builder promotion you will need to play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

If you need help to find the play money full-ring tables please watch this video.

Play these tables and find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Once you do this we can continue on.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#7)
Understood, here is another one I had a pair of fives and called against an opponent who went all in he had medium strength cards - I won but did I make the right choice?

Also giving the list since you can't see his mucked card in the replayer :/:

Seat 3: HentaiDesu (big blind) showed [5s 5c] and won (2894) with a pair of Fives
Seat 4: Xooms mucked [Ks Ac]
Seat 5: JKalokeri folded before Flop
Seat 6: 777 $TA$ mucked [Kc Tc]

Last edited by HentaiDesu; Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Understood, here is another one I had a pair of fives and called against an opponent who went all in he had medium strength cards - I won but did I make the right choice?
Thanks for posting these hands for review.

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and then we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:17 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Also giving the list since you can't see his mucked card in the replayer :/:

Seat 3: HentaiDesu (big blind) showed [5s 5c] and won (2894) with a pair of Fives
Seat 4: Xooms mucked [Ks Ac]
Seat 5: JKalokeri folded before Flop
Seat 6: 777 $TA$ mucked [Kc Tc]
Hi HentaiDesu

This type of spot occurs often in tournaments, but not as often in real money cash games. Here the big blind is 20 chips and the villain shoves all in for 1000. If we give the villain a wide range and assume he is shoving the top 50% of his hands, then he would be shoving any pocket pair or two overcards to your 55. You are going to be a slight favorite, about 53% in the hand. This doesn't mean you should call though. By calling, you are taking a large 50 bb risk on a cointoss. At microstakes cash games, it is better to avoid such large risks and wait for better spots. Preferably wait until you have flopped a strong hand before getting involved in very large pots. In general, the only two hands you want to call a preflop all in with would be KK and AA.

Furthermore, in this particular hand, there is still one player with a deep stack left to act after you. This is a problem because he might come over the top with an all in raise. Or, if he calls, he might push you out of the hand post flop. Playing small pairs post flop is difficult because 7 out of 8 times you will not flop a set and will normally be facing overcards that fit in the villain's range. Your fives aren't really strong enough to reraise to isolate the original raiser either.

Folding would have been the best option here. Nice result though

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HentaiDesu!

With pocket 5's in the BB, I have two limps and then a shove for 1k chips (when the BB is only 20?!). This is a very large overbet by the opp, as a standard raise would only be to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 100. This type of overbet is going to normally be from either a total maniac or an opp with a monster hand. The key here is knowing which the opp is.
If the opp bets more with better hands and less with worse hands, then I'm instantly mucking 55 here, as the best case scenario is that I'm in a race and most likely crushed by an overpair.
If the opp is a maniac, then it's still a chance, as I'm going to most likely be in a 52-48% coin flip.

Either way, with no information on the opp and possibly two more opps being in the hand (if any of them call, my 55 will win a much lower % of the time), I'm going to muck here and look for a better spot.

Patience is a big key in playing poker and I need to muck marginal hands and look for better situations, when I will be ahead and the favorite to win the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#12)
I did the Poker Basic Course and got over 70% even before I made this thread x], It says that I already passed the test - I can't wait to play at the micro stables!

I know that 55 was a bad hand to go all in with I just have so much Play Money that I like to play it a bit dangerous although I won't do the same with real money.

Thanks alot for the info!

Last edited by HentaiDesu; Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:17 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I did the Poker Basic Course and got over 70%
Hi HentaiDesu,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#14)
I played against Designer1989 which only plays mediocre hands he goes all in if he only has a pair suck as a pair of 6's when there are a 6+10+Queen+Kind+Ace on the table and I knew that he would only play a mediocre hand again, I had much better cards then him but he got lucky at the end with a set and now I can't play anymore because of his stupid luck.

Did I play it right? He was very loose and aggressive he sometimes put half of his chips in even if he had nothing at all and he bluffs about 85% of the time.

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thanks for posting this hands for review.

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and then we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#16)
Alright I'll be waiting.

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I played against Designer1989 which only plays mediocre hands he goes all in if he only has a pair suck as a pair of 6's when there are a 6+10+Queen+Kind+Ace on the table and I knew that he would only play a mediocre hand again, I had much better cards then him but he got lucky at the end with a set and now I can't play anymore because of his stupid luck.

Did I play it right? He was very loose and aggressive he sometimes put half of his chips in even if he had nothing at all and he bluffs about 85% of the time.

Hi HentaiDesu

Getting reads on villains, especially poor players is a very important part of the game. Good job

Now, putting those reads to good use takes a bit of training. In this hand, you flop top pair, but actually have a weak kicker. Remember, even bad players get dealt good hands just as often as everyone else. This is not a good spot to take such a large risk.

Secondly, there are two other players in the hand besinds the fish. Can we safely assume that both of them missed the flop and do not have straight draw possibiliteis or a better A than yours?

Finally, and most importantly, by moving all in you will often get value owned. This means all the hands you are beating fold and only the hands beating you call. This costs you value when you are ahead and costs you more money than necessary when you are behind. Rather than overbetting with a big all in as you did, I would suggest betting about 75% of the pot on the flop.

Also, yes the villain played horribly, but he did have about a 20% chance of improving on the flop when he called you.

Try to keep your bets within a normal range. In general you should try to avoid risking your entire stack with just a pair. Keep the pot under control until you have a strong hand post flop such as a set, a straight or a flush. Then you can take them to value town.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Alright I'll be waiting.
Next Step

The next thing you will need to do is to attend the Bet Sizing live training session. You MUST attended this session in order to continue on with the promotion.

The next Bet Sizing session is on this Wednesday and you can find it here:

Let me know after you you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com