Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Feb 17, 2013, 03:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello. I want to apply for Bankroll Builder.

I have not made a deposit, I already got little money at freerolls, though.
Do I qualify for this promotion?

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomWalk77 View Post
Hello. I want to apply for Bankroll Builder.

I have not made a deposit, I already got little money at freerolls, though.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 17, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi RandomWalk77,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey the k View Post
great leson now wats the next step
Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 08:42 AM
(#5)
Hi. I've finished first and second steps. I want to ask about the following hand.

There are three opponents on the flop. So check/call is better than bet?
And if one of the opponents reraised my bet, I should fold?

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I want to ask about the following hand.
Thanks for posting this hand for review.

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and then we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:14 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi RandomWalk77!

With AK in the cutoff, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are two limpers, I'll raise to 50.

The board misses me other than a gutshot straight draw (which may not even end up the best hand if someone has a 6). When it checks to me and since I did raise preflop, I'd normally make a 3/4 pot c-bet of 154 here, but this is more than 1/3 of my stack, which pot-commits me, so due to this and not having a made hand, I'll check behind and see the turn.

I see the turn 3-ways and I pair my king. When it checks to me, I'd normally make a 2/3 pot value bet but since I don't have this many chips, I'll shove the turn.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi. I've finished first and second steps.
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#9)
I finished reading all the articles at Poker Basic Course and I passed the assessment quiz. But my score was 13/15. So I want to know what problems are wrong and which is the correct answer.

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I finished reading all the articles at Poker Basic Course and I passed the assessment quiz.
Hi RandomWalk77,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 09:55 PM
(#11)
Thank you very much. I receive first buy-in.

Please allow me to check just in case, Can I play zoom 1/2 cent? I like zoom system, because the table is always full and I can move next hand smoothly when I folded.

Last edited by RandomWalk77; Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Please allow me to check just in case, Can I play zoom 1/2 cent?
Hi RandomWalk77,

Unfortunately not for this promotion

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

ZOOM can be fun but the full ring tables are much better for learning the fundamentals of the game. Once you complete the Bankroll Builder promotion and become a more advanced player then by all means you can move on to the ZOOM tables if you wish.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 06:06 AM
(#13)
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to start playing the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables.

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#14)
Today, I played the 1/2 cent real money table and I lost all my $2 buy-in. The following two hands cost me almost all.

Were these hands played any other way? I think I was very bad luck today, and only one good thing is that I was not on tilt after these hands.

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 01:44 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Today, I played the 1/2 cent real money table and I lost all my $2 buy-in. The following two hands cost me almost all.

Were these hands played any other way? I think I was very bad luck today, and only one good thing is that I was not on tilt after these hands.
Hi RandomWalk77

First hand 99: You played this hand nicely. You flopped a set on a draw heavy board. This is not the place to allow your opponent a free card. Leading with a bet then following up the raise with an all in 3-bet looks great. Unfortunately, yes you were unlucky and ran into a better set. This does happen, but not all that often thankfully. You should expect to lose a third of the time if the villain is chasing a flush as well. Losing is not fun. But, you played the hand well. I try to say to myself "Right move, wrong result". Understanding and accepting this is part of the game. If you keep getting it in good, the profit will eventually flow in your favor. Nice hand.

Second hand QQ: This spot is more difficult than it first appears. The villain raises from early position. This usually means a fairly strong hand. You 3-bet, and sized your bet nicely - well done. But, the villain calls. Did you have a read on him? A read would help us interpret his call. Some players call 3-bets far too often, while others rarely if ever do. If he is the tighter type, then we can narrow his range to premium hands, many of which are beating us.

On the flop you are holding an overpair. Again, a read on the villain would help us determine if 99, 77 or 33 are in his calling range. Let us just assume they are not since they are all low cards. This looks like a good spot to c-bet for value then. Your bet sizing is a bit awkward though. The main problem is that your c-bet, although correctly sized, was for half your stack. You do not have enough money behind for a significant raise on a later street. This is a common problem when playing with a short stack as you are here. Because of this you need to decide BEFORE you c-bet if you intend on getting all in or not in this hand. Another option would have been to check the flop with the intention of check-raising all in if the villain bets.

As played, the villain's reraise looks strong, but I think you need to pay him off. A read would really help here, but since you only have 24 cents left and there is 112 in the pot, you will only need to win about 1 in 4 times to be profitable. If you had had a deeper stack you would need to be very careful here. Normally I recommend not getting all in with just a pair.

You seem to be on the right track. I hope the cards start falling your way.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Today, I played the 1/2 cent real money table
Hi RandomWalk77,

NEXT STEP

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

Q.1

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 06:08 AM
(#17)
Thank you for hand analysing and introducing next step. I watched the Bet Sizing video. I will answer the question.

A player may want to make big bets

①to gain value from strong hands
②to protect against strong draws
③to bluff people off decent hands

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for hand analysing and introducing next step. I watched the Bet Sizing video. I will answer the question.

A player may want to make big bets

①to gain value from strong hands
②to protect against strong draws
③to bluff people off decent hands
Perfect!

Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 07:39 PM
(#19)
Hi. I had already read the articles. And I pass the quiz.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 07:54 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi. I had already read the articles. And I pass the quiz.
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Remember not to use Bankroll Builder money for any games other than 1/2c cash tables only.

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com